We thank Paula Gorski for editing the manuscript.
Author contributions: All the authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this submitted manuscript and approved submission.
Research funding: None declared.
Employment or leadership: None declared.
Honorarium: None declared.
Competing interests: The funding organizations played no role in the study design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; or in the decision to submit the report for publication.
1. Censi S, Albergoni MP, Gallo N, Plebani M, Boscaro M, Betterle C. Insulin autoimmune syndrome (Hirata’s disease) in an Italian patient: a case report and review of the literature. Clin Chem Lab Med 2018;56:889–95.Search in Google Scholar
2. Yasuko Uchigata YH. Insulin Autoimmune Syndrome (Hirata Disease). Immunoendocrinology: scientific and clinical aspects. New York: Humana Press, 2011:343–67.Search in Google Scholar
3. Ismail AA. The insulin autoimmune syndrome (IAS) as a cause of hypoglycaemia: an update on the pathophysiology, biochemical investigations and diagnosis. Clin Chem Lab Med 2016;54:1715–24.Search in Google Scholar
4. Uchigata Y, Hirata Y, Iwamoto Y. Drug-induced insulin autoimmune syndrome. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 2009;83:e19–20.Search in Google Scholar
5. Gullo D, Evans JL, Sortino G, Goldfine ID, Vigneri R. Insulin autoimmune syndrome (Hirata Disease) in European Caucasians taking alpha-lipoic acid. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 2014;81:204–9.Search in Google Scholar
6. Fahie-Wilson M, Smith TP. Determination of prolactin: the macroprolactin problem. Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 2013;27:725–42.Search in Google Scholar
7. Clark PM. Assays for insulin, proinsulin(s) and C-peptide. Ann Clin Biochem 1999;36(Pt 5):541–64.Search in Google Scholar
8. Cryer PE, Axelrod L, Grossman AB, Heller SR, Montori VM, Seaquist ER, et al. Evaluation and management of adult hypoglycemic disorders: an Endocrine Society Clinical Practice Guideline. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2009;94:709–28.Search in Google Scholar
©2018 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston