Author contributions: All the authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this submitted manuscript and approved submission.
Research funding: None declared.
Employment or leadership: None declared.
Honorarium: None declared.
Competing interests: The funding organization(s) played no role in the study design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; or in the decision to submit the report for publication.
2. Dang L, White DW, Gross S, Bennett BD, Bittinger MA, Driggers EM, et al. Cancer-associated IDH1 mutations produce 2-hydroxyglutarate. Nature 2009;462:739–44.10.1038/nature08617Search in Google Scholar
3. Gross S, Cairns RA, Minden MD, Driggers EM, Bittinger MA, Jang HG, et al. Cancer-associated metabolite 2-hydroxyglutarate accumulates in acute myelogenous leukemia with isocitrate dehydrogenase 1 and 2 mutations. J Exp Med 2010;207:339–44.10.1084/jem.20092506Search in Google Scholar
4. DiNardo CD, Propert KJ, Loren AW, Paietta E, Sun Z, Levine RL, et al. Serum 2-hydroxyglutarate levels predict isocitrate dehydrogenase mutations and clinical outcome in acute myeloid leukemia. Blood 2013;121:4917–24.10.1182/blood-2013-03-493197Search in Google Scholar
5. Janin M, Mylonas E, Saada V, Micol JB, Renneville A, Quivoron C, et al. Serum 2-hydroxyglutarate production in IDH1- and IDH2-mutated de novo acute myeloid leukemia: a study by the Acute Leukemia French Association group. J Clin Oncol 2014;32: 297–305.10.1200/JCO.2013.50.2047Search in Google Scholar
6. Sellner L, Capper D, Meyer J, Langhans CD, Hartog CM, Pfeifer H, et al. Increased levels of 2-hydroxyglutarate in AML patients with IDH1-R132H and IDH2-R140Q mutations. Eur J Haematol 2010;85:457–9.10.1111/j.1600-0609.2010.01505.xSearch in Google Scholar
7. Fathi AT, Sadrzadeh H, Borger DR, Ballen KK, Amrein PC, Attar EC, et al. Prospective serial evaluation of 2-hydroxyglutarate, during treatment of newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukemia, to assess disease activity and therapeutic response. Blood 2012;120:4649–52.10.1182/blood-2012-06-438267Search in Google Scholar
8. Shim EH, Livi CB, Rakheja D, Tan J, Benson D, Parekh V, et al. L-2-Hydroxyglutarate: an epigenetic modifier and putative oncometabolite in renal cancer. Cancer Discov 2014;4:1290–8.10.1158/2159-8290.CD-13-0696Search in Google Scholar
9. Struys EA, Jansen EE, Verhoeven NM, Jakobs C. Measurement of urinary D- and L-2-hydroxyglutarate enantiomers by stable-isotope-dilution liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry after derivatization with diacetyl-L-tartaric anhydride. Clin Chem 2004;50:1391–5.10.1373/clinchem.2004.033399Search in Google Scholar
10. Poinsignon V, Mercier L, Nakabayashi K, David MD, Lalli A, Penard-Lacronique V, et al. Quantitation of isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH)-induced D and L enantiomers of 2-hydroxyglutaric acid in biological fluids by a fully validated liquid tandem mass spectrometry method, suitable for clinical applications. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 2016;1022:290–7.10.1016/j.jchromb.2016.04.030Search in Google Scholar
The article contains supplementary material (https://doi.org/10.1515/cclm-2018-0427).
©2019 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston