Author contributions: All the authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this submitted manuscript and approved submission.
Research funding: None declared.
Employment or leadership: None declared.
Honorarium: None declared.
Competing interests: The funding organization(s) played no role in the study design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; or in the decision to submit the report for publication.
1. Bhavsar NA, Köttgen A, Coresh J, Astor BC. Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) and kidney injury molecule 1 (KIM-1) as predictors of incident CKD stage 3: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study. Am J Kidney Dis 2012;60:233–40. Search in Google Scholar
2. Earley A, Miskulin D, Lamb EJ, Levey AS, Uhlig K. Estimating equations for glomerular filtration rate in the era of creatinine standardization: a systematic review. Ann Intern Med 2012;156:785–95. Search in Google Scholar
3. Ju W, Nair V, Smith S, Zhu L, Shedden K, Song PX, et al. Tissue transcriptome-driven identification of epidermal growth factor as a chronic kidney disease biomarker. Sci Transl Med 2015;7:316ra193. Search in Google Scholar
4. Harskamp LR, Gansevoort RT, van Goor H, Meijer E. The epidermal growth factor receptor pathway in chronic kidney diseases. Nat Rev Nephrol 2016;12:496–506. Search in Google Scholar
5. Betz B, Jenks SJ, Cronshaw AD, Lamont DJ, Cairns C, Manning JR, et al. Urinary peptidomics in a rodent model of diabetic nephropathy highlights epidermal growth factor as a biomarker for renal deterioration in patients with type 2 diabetes. Kidn Int 2016;89:1125–35. Search in Google Scholar
6. Peralta CA, Shlipak MG, Judd S, Cushman M, McClellan W, Zakai NA, et al. Detection of chronic kidney disease with creatinine, cystatin C, and urine albumin-to-creatinine ratio and association with progression to end-stage renal disease and mortality. J Am Med Assoc 2011;305:1545–52. Search in Google Scholar
7. Brinkman JW, de Zeeuw D, Gansevoort RT, Duker JJ, Kema IP, de Jong PE, et al. Prolonged frozen storage of urine reduces the value of albuminuria for mortality prediction. Clin Chem 2007;53:153–4. Search in Google Scholar
8. Giesen C, Lieske JC. The influence of processing and storage conditions on renal protein biomarkers. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2016;11:1726–8. Search in Google Scholar
9. Hogan MC, Lieske JC, Lienczewski CC, Nesbitt LL, Wickman LT, Heyer CM, et al. Strategy and rationale for urine collection protocols employed in the NEPTUNE study. BMC Nephrol 2015;16:190. Search in Google Scholar
10. Harskamp LR, Gansevoort RT, Boertien WE, van Oeveren W, Engels GE, van Goor H, et al. Urinary EGF receptor ligand excretion in patients with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease and response to tolvaptan. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2015;10:1749–56. Search in Google Scholar
©2019 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston