Thermo Fisher Scientific for chromogranin A reagents and supplies to perform this study and Drs. Ferraro and Panteghini on advice regarding matrix and the BRAHMS CgA II KRYPTOR test.
Author contributions: All the authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this submitted manuscript and approved submission.
Research funding: Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Employment or leadership: None declared.
Honorarium: None declared.
Competing interests: The funding organization(s) played no role in the study design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; or in the decision to submit the report for publication.
1. Oberg K, Couvelard A, Delle Fave G, Gross D, Grossman A, Jensen RT, et al. ENETS consensus guidelines for standard of care in neuroendocrine tumours: biochemical markers. Neuroendocrinology 2017;105:201–11.10.1159/000472254Search in Google Scholar
2. Mosli HH, Dennis A, Kocha W, Asher LJ, Van Uum SH. Effect of short-term proton pump inhibitor treatment and its discontinuation on chromogranin A in healthy subjects. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2012;97:E1731–5.10.1210/jc.2012-1548Search in Google Scholar
3. Krabbe JG, Monaghan PJ, Russell J, de Rijke YB. Analytical evaluation of a second generation assay for chromogranin A; a dual-site study. Clin Chem Lab Med 2016;54:e139–42.10.1515/cclm-2015-0782Search in Google Scholar
4. Popovici T, Moreira B, Schlageter MH, Bories PN. Automated two-site immunofluorescent assay for the measurement of serum chromogranin A. Clin Biochem 2014;47:87–91.10.1016/j.clinbiochem.2013.10.029Search in Google Scholar
5. Kavsak PA, Roy C, Malinowski P, Clark L, Lamers S, Bamford K, et al. Sample matrix and high-sensitivity cardiac troponin I assays. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2019;57:745–51.10.1515/cclm-2018-1100Search in Google Scholar
6. Ferraro S, Borille S, Panteghini M. Reference intervals for the Kryptor second-generation chromogranin A assay. Clin Chem Lab Med 2016;54:e335–7.10.1515/cclm-2016-0083Search in Google Scholar
7. Simons J, Beach L, Clark L, Kavsak PA. Matrix and bilirubin interference for high-sensitivity cardiac troponin I. Clin Chim Acta 2015;442:49–51.10.1016/j.cca.2015.01.002Search in Google Scholar
8. Rutledge AC, Pond GR, Hotte SJ, Kavsak PA. Assessing the necessity of including a crossover period with dual reporting when changing total prostate-specific antigen methods. Clin Biochem 2014;47:897–900.10.1016/j.clinbiochem.2014.03.027Search in Google Scholar
9. Kavsak PA, Beattie J, Pickersgill R, Ford L, Caruso N, Clark L. A practical approach for the validation and clinical implementation of a high-sensitivity cardiac troponin I assay across a North American city. Pract Lab Med 2015;1: 28–34.10.1016/j.plabm.2015.02.001Search in Google Scholar
©2019 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston