Author contributions: All the authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this submitted manuscript and approved submission.
Research funding: None declared.
Employment or leadership: None declared.
Honorarium: None declared.
Competing interests: The funding organization(s) played no role in the study design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; or in the decision to submit the report for publication.
1. Hardison RC, Chui DH, Giardine B, Riemer C, Patrinos GP, Anagnou N, et al. HbVar: a relational database of human hemoglobin variants and thalassemia mutations at the globin gene server. Hum Mutat 2002;19:225–33. Search in Google Scholar
2. Rosetti M, Poletti G, Sensi A, Ravani A, Rondoni M, Baldrati L, et al. A rare case of hemoglobin Leiden interfering with the DIFF channel of Sysmex XE-2100. Scand J Clin Lab Invest 2015;75: 436–7. Search in Google Scholar
3. Jongbloed W, Van Twillert G, Schoorl M, Schindhelm RK. Unstable haemoglobin variant Hb Leiden is detected on Sysmex XN-series analysers. Clin Chem Lab Med 2018;56:e249–50. Search in Google Scholar
4. Schapkaitz E, Raburabu S. Performance evaluation of the new measurement channels on the automated Sysmex XN-9000 hematology analyzer. Clin Biochem 2018;53:132–8. Search in Google Scholar
5. Barnes PW, McFadden L, Machin SJ, Simson E, International Consensus Group for Hematology. The international consensus group for hematology review: suggested criteria for action following automated CBC and WBC differential analysis. Lab Hematol 2005;11:83–90. Search in Google Scholar
6. Benzoni E, Giannone V, Michetti L, Seia M, Cavalleri L, Curcio C. Hb Mozhaisk [β92(F8)His→Arg; HBB: c.278A>G] as a de novo mutation in a child of mixed ethnic origins. Hemoglobin 2017;41:314–6. Search in Google Scholar
7. Spivak VA, Molchanova TP, Postnikov YuV, Aseeva EA, Lutsenko IN, Tokarev YuN. A new abnormal hemoglobin: Hb Mozhaisk beta 92(F8) His leads to Arg. Hemoglobin 1982;6: 169–81. Search in Google Scholar
8. Bird AR, Elliott T, Wilson JB, Webber BB, Hu H, Kutlar A, et al. Two rare unstable beta chain variants, Hb Mozhaisk or alpha 2 beta 292(F8) His–Arg and Hb Djelfa or alpha 2 beta 298(Fg5)Val–Ala, each being observed for the second time. Hemoglobin 1989;13:193–7. Search in Google Scholar
© 2019 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston