Author contributions: The author has accepted responsibility for the entire content of this submitted manuscript and approved submission.
Research funding: None declared.
Employment or leadership: None declared.
Honorarium: None declared.
1. Willrich MA, Katzmann JA. Laboratory testing requirements for diagnosis and follow-up of multiple myeloma and related plasma cell dyscrasias. Clin Chem Lab Med 2016;54:907–19.10.1515/cclm-2015-0580Search in Google Scholar PubMed
3. Dimopoulos M, Kyle R, Fermand JP, Rajkumar SV, San Miguel J, Chanan-Khan A, et al. Consensus recommendations for standard investigative workup: report of the International Myeloma Workshop Consensus Panel 3. Blood 2011;117:4701–5.10.1182/blood-2010-10-299529Search in Google Scholar PubMed
4. Tate JR, Keren DF, Mollee P. A global call to arms for clinical laboratories – harmonised quantification and reporting of monoclonal proteins. Clin Biochem 2018;51:4–9.10.1016/j.clinbiochem.2017.11.009Search in Google Scholar PubMed
5. Turner KA, Frinack JL, Ettore MW, Tate JR, Graziani MS, Jacobs JF, et al. An international multi-center serum protein electrophoresis accuracy and M-protein isotyping study. Part I: factors impacting limit of quantitation of serum protein electrophoresis. Clin Chem Lab Med 2020;58:533–46.10.1515/cclm-2019-1104Search in Google Scholar PubMed
6. Jacobs JF, Turner KA, Graziani MS, Frinack JL, Ettore MW, Tate JR, et al. An international multi-center serum protein electrophoresis accuracy and M-protein isotyping study. Part II: limit of detection and follow-up of patients with small M-proteins. Clin Chem Lab Med 2020;58:547–59.10.1515/cclm-2019-1105Search in Google Scholar PubMed
7. Rajkumar SV, Harousseau JL, Durie B, Anderson KC, Dimopoulos M, Kyle R, et al. Consensus recommendations for the uniform reporting of clinical trials: report of the International Myeloma Workshop Consensus Panel 1. Blood 2011;117:4691–5.10.1182/blood-2010-10-299487Search in Google Scholar PubMed PubMed Central
9. Plebani M. Quality and future of clinical laboratories: the Vico’s whole cyclical theory of the recurring cycles. Clin Chem Lab Med 2018;56:901–8.10.1515/cclm-2018-0009Search in Google Scholar PubMed
©2020 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston