The authors would like to thank the parents of all neonates who participated in this study and the clinical staff at the maternity unit. We would also like to thank Eduardo Martinez-Morillo for his advice and input.
Author contributions: All the authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this submitted manuscript and approved submission.
Research funding: None declared.
Employment or leadership: None declared.
Honorarium: None declared.
Competing interests: The funding organisation(s) played no role in the study design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; or in the decision to submit the report for publication.
2. Ordonez-Llanos J, Collinson PO, Christenson RH. Amino-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide: analytic considerations. Am J Cardiol 2008;101(Suppl):9A–15A.10.1016/j.amjcard.2007.11.013Search in Google Scholar
3. Bae JW, Cha H-H, Seong WJ. Amino-terminal proB-type natriuretic peptide levels in the umbilical cord blood of neonates differ according to the type of prenatally diagnosed congenital heart disease. Pediatr Cardiol 2015;36:1742–7.10.1007/s00246-015-1228-zSearch in Google Scholar
4. Lee SM, Jun J, Kim SS, Kang MJ, Song SH, Lee J, et al. N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide and cardiac troponin T in non-immune hydrops. J Obstet Gynaecol Res 2016;42:380–4.10.1111/jog.12920Search in Google Scholar
5. Mert MK, Satar M, Özbarlas N, Yaman A, Özgünen FT, Asker HS, et al. Troponin T and NT proBNP levels in gestational, type 1 and type 2 diabetic mothers and macrosomic infants. Pediatr Cardiol 2016;37:76–83.10.1007/s00246-015-1242-1Search in Google Scholar
6. Bae JY, Seong WJ. Umbilical arterial N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide levels in preeclampsia, fetal growth restriction, preterm birth and fetal distress. Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 2016;XLIII:393–6.10.12891/ceog3103.2016Search in Google Scholar
8. Kocylowski R, Dubiel M, Gudmundsson S, Sieg I, Fritzer E, Alkasi O, et al. Biochemical tissue-specific injury markers of the heart and brain in postpartum cord blood. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2009;200:273.e1–25.10.1016/j.ajog.2008.10.009Search in Google Scholar
9. Schwachtgen L, Herrmann M, Georg T, Schwarz P, Marx N, Lindinger A. Reference values of NT-proBNP serum concentrations in the umbilical cord blood and in healthy neonates and children. Z Kardiol 2005;94:399–04.10.1007/s00392-005-0246-xSearch in Google Scholar
10. Seong WJ, Yoon DH, Chong GO, Hong DG, Koo TB, Lee TH, et al. Umbilical cord blood amino-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide levels according to the mode of delivery. Arch Gynecol Obstet 2010;281:907–12.10.1007/s00404-009-1253-3Search in Google Scholar
©2020 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston