Research funding: None declared.
Author contributions: All authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this manuscript and approved its submission.
Competing interests: Authors state no conflict of interest.
Ethical approval: The local Institutional Review Board deemed the study exempt from review.
Disclosures: Authorship includes members of the Diagnostic Immunology and Flow Cytometry Committee of the CAP. Chair: MAL, Vice-Chair: DDR. Current members: MAVW, SLF, MHW, RJB. Past members: JRG, MQA. Employees of CAP: TAL, CB.
1. Rajkumar, SV, Kyle, RA, Therneau, TM, Melton, LJ, Bradwell, AR, Clark, RJ, et al. Serum free light chain ratio is an independent risk factor for progression in monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance. Blood 2005;106:812–7. https://doi.org/10.1182/blood-2005-03-1038.10.1182/blood-2005-03-1038Search in Google Scholar
2. Kumar, S, Paiva, B, Anderson, KC, Durie, B, Landgren, O, Moreau, P, et al. International Myeloma Working Group consensus criteria for response and minimal residual disease assessment in multiple myeloma. Lancet Oncol 2016;17:e328–46. https://doi.org/10.1016/s1470-2045(16)30206-6.Search in Google Scholar
3. Schild, C, Wermuth, B, Trapp-Chiappini, D, Egger, F, Nuoffer, JM. Reliability of M protein quantification: comparison of two peak integration methods on capillarys 2. Clin Chem Lab Med 2008;46:876–7. https://doi.org/10.1515/cclm.2008.146.Search in Google Scholar
4. Turner, KA, Frinack, JL, Ettore, MW, Tate, JR, Graziani, MS, Jacobs, JFM, et al. An international multi-center serum protein electrophoresis accuracy and M-protein isotyping study. Part I: factors impacting limit of quantitation of serum protein electrophoresis. Clin Chem Lab Med 2020;58:533–46. https://doi.org/10.1515/cclm-2019-1104.Search in Google Scholar
5. Jacobs, JFM, Turner, KA, Graziani, MS, Frinack, JL, Ettore, MW, Tate, JR, et al. An international multi-center serum protein electrophoresis accuracy and M-protein isotyping study. Part II: limit of detection and follow-up of patients with small M-proteins. Clin Chem Lab Med 2020;58:547–59. https://doi.org/10.1515/cclm-2019-1105.Search in Google Scholar
6. Genzen, JR, Murray, DL, Abel, G, Meng, QH, Baltaro, RJ, Rhoads, DD, et al. Screening and diagnosis of monoclonal gammopathies: an international survey of laboratory practice. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2018;142:507–15. https://doi.org/10.5858/arpa.2017-0128-cp.Search in Google Scholar
© 2020 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston