Research funding: None declared.
Author contributions: All the authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this submitted manuscript and approved submission.
Competing interests: Authors state no conflict of interest.
Informed consent: Informed consent was obtained from all individuals included in this study.
Ethical approval: This study was approved by the Ethics Committee of Baise People’s Hospital.
1. Zorai, A, Moumni, I, Mosbahi, I, Douzi, K, Chaouachi, D, Guemira, F, et al.. Rare hemoglobin variants in Tunisian population. Int J Lab Hematol 2015;37:148–54. https://doi.org/10.1111/ijlh.12259. Search in Google Scholar
2. Huang, K, Ge, SJ, Yi, W, Bi, H, Lin, KQ, Sun, H, et al.. Interactions of unstable hemoglobin Rush with thalassemia and hemoglobin E result in thalassemia intermedia. Hematology 2019;24:459–66. https://doi.org/10.1080/16078454.2019.1621020. Search in Google Scholar
3. Xiong, F, Sun, M, Zhang, X, Cai, R, Zhou, Y, Lou, J, et al.. Molecular epidemiological survey of haemoglobinopathies in the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region of southern China. Clin Genet 2010;78:139–48. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1399-0004.2010.01430.x. Search in Google Scholar
4. Kalantri, SA, Ray, R, Choudhuri, S, Roy, S, Bhattacharyya, M. Key determinants of phenotypic heterogeneity of HbE/β thalassemia: a comparative study from Eastern India. Indian J Hematol Blood Transfus 2020;36:123–8. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12288-019-01176-9. Search in Google Scholar
5. Vasseur, C, Domingues-Hamdi, E, Ledudal, K, Corvoisier, LP, Barau, C, Ghaleh, B, et al.. Red blood cells free α-haemoglobin pool: a biomarker to monitor the β-thalassemia intermedia variability. The ALPHAPOOL study. Br J Haematol 2017;179:142–53. https://doi.org/10.1111/bjh.14800. Search in Google Scholar
7. Costa, FF, Sonati, MF, Zago, MA. Hemoglobin Stanleyville II (alpha 78 Asn—Lys) is associated with a 3.7-kb alpha-globin gene deletion. Hum Genet 1991;86:319–20. https://doi.org/10.1007/bf00202420. Search in Google Scholar
8. Lin, M, Huang, Y, Yang, LY, Wang, Q, Zheng, L. Hb Stanleyville II [alpha 78(EF7) Asn→Lys] occurrence in combination with Hb Constant Spring. Blood Cell Mol Dis 2011;46:145–6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bcmd.2010.10.004. Search in Google Scholar
© 2021 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston