Research funding: None declared.
Author contributions: All authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this manuscript and approved its submission.
Competing interests: Authors state no conflict of interest.
4. Dempfle, CE, Kalsch, T, Elmas, E, Suvajac, N, Lucke, T, Munch, E, et al.. Impact of fibrinogen concentration in severely ill patients on mechanical properties of whole blood clots. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 2008;19:765–70. https://doi.org/10.1097/MBC.0b013e32830f1b68.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
5. Nielsen, VG, Cohen, BM, Cohen, E. Effects of coagulation factor deficiency on plasma coagulation kinetics determined via thrombelastography: critical roles of fibrinogen and factors II, VII, X and XII. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2005;49:222–31. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1399-6576.2005.00602.x.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
6. Fries, D, Innerhofer, P, Reif, C, Streif, W, Klingler, A, Schobersberger, W, et al.. The effect of fibrinogen substitution on reversal of dilutional coagulopathy: an in vitro model. Anesth Analg 2006;102:347–51. https://doi.org/10.1213/01.ane.0000194359.06286.d4.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
7. CLSI. H47-A2 one-stage prothrombin time (PT) test and activated partial thromboplastin time (APPT) test; approved guideline, 2nd ed. Wayne: Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute; 2008.Search in Google Scholar
8. Adcock, DM, Favaloro, EJ, Lippi, G. Critical pre-examination variables in the hemostasis laboratory and their quality indicators. Clin Biochem 2016;49:1315–20. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMra1011170.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
10. Papageorgiou, C, Jourdi, G, Adjambri, E, Walborn, A, Patel, P, Fareed, J, et al.. Disseminated intravascular coagulation: an update on pathogenesis, diagnosis, and therapeutic strategies. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 2018;24:8S–28S. https://doi.org/10.1177/1076029618806424.Search in Google Scholar PubMed PubMed Central
© 2021 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston