Research funding: None declared.
Author contributions: All authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this manuscript and approved its submission.
Competing interests: Among the authors, J. Douxfils is CEO and founder of QUALIblood s.a., a contract research organization manufacturing the DP-Filter, is co-inventor of the DP-Filter (patent application number: PCT/ET2019/052903) and reports personal fees from Daiichi-Sankyo, Mithra Pharmaceuticals, Stago, Roche and Roche Diagnostics outside the submitted work. F. Mullier reports institutional fees from Stago, Werfen, Nodia, Roche Sysmex and Bayer. He also reports speaker fees from Boehringer Ingelheim, Bayer Healthcare, Bristol-MyersSquibb-Pfizer, Stago, Sysmex and Aspen all outside the submitted work. The other authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.
Ethical approval: Recruitment of healthy volunteers for the constitution of a normal pooled plasma (NPP) has been approved by the Ethical Committee of the CHU-UCL Namur, Yvoir, Belgium (approval number: B03920096633).
4. Tsalik, EL, Jaggers, LB, Glickman, SW, Langley, RJ, van Velkinburgh, JC, Park, LP, et al.. Discriminative value of inflammatory biomarkers for suspected sepsis. J Emerg Med 2012;43:97–106. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jemermed.2011.05.072.Search in Google Scholar
5. Fumery, M, Xiaocang, C, Dauchet, L, Gower-Rousseau, C, Peyrin-Biroulet, L, Colombel, JF. Thromboembolic events and cardiovascular mortality in inflammatory bowel diseases: a meta-analysis of observational studies. J Crohns Colitis 2014;8:469–79. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.crohns.2013.09.021.Search in Google Scholar
6. Al-Samkari, H, Karp Leaf, R, Dzik, W, Carlson, J, AF. COVID-19 and coagulation: bleeding and thrombotic manifestations of SARS-CoV-2 infection. Blood 2020;136:489–500. https://doi.org/10.1182/blood.2020006520.Search in Google Scholar
7. Devreese, KM, Verfaillie, CJ, De Bisschop, F, Delanghe, JR. Interference of C-reactive protein with clotting times. Clin Chem Lab Med 2015;53:141–5. https://doi.org/10.1515/cclm-2014-0906.Search in Google Scholar
9. Talon, L, Sinegre, T, Lecompte, T, Pereira, B, Massoulie, S, Abergel, A, et al.. Hypercoagulability (thrombin generation) in patients with cirrhosis is detected with ST-Genesia. J Thromb Haemostasis 2020;18:2177–90. https://doi.org/10.1111/jth.14963.Search in Google Scholar
10. Hemker, HC, Giesen, P, Al Dieri, R, Regnault, V, de Smedt, E, Wagenvoord, R, et al.. Calibrated automated thrombin generation measurement in clotting plasma. Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 2003;33:4–15. https://doi.org/10.1159/000071636.Search in Google Scholar
© 2021 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston