We greatly appreciate the medical support from Dr. Li Chen (Hematology Department), Dr. Tao Wu (Neurology Department), and Dr. Xiaobin Mei (Nephrology Department). We greatly appreciate the technological support of Vision Medicals Co., Ltd (Guangzhou).
Research funding: None declared.
Author contributions: TZ prepared the first draft of this manuscript. JY collected the clinical information of the patient. QQC carried out the data analysis. XSL provided intellectual advice and critically revised the final manuscript. All authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this manuscript and approved its submission.
Competing interests: Authors state no conflict of interest.
Informed consent: Written informed consent was obtained from the patient for publication of this case report.
Ethical approval: Research involving human subjects complied with all relevant national regulations, institutional policies and is in accordance with the tenets of the Helsinki Declaration (as revised in 2013), and has been approved by the authors’ Institutional Review Board.
Data availability statement: The obtained sequencing data were submitted to the Sequence Read Archive of the National Center for Biotechnology In formation (NCBI) with the accession number SRR14663545, SRR14663546. The authors confirm that the data supporting the findings of this study are available within the article [and/or] its Supplementary Materials.
1. Keita, F, Koga, T, Honda, T, Uchida, T, Okamoto, M, Endo, Y, et al.. Serial analysis of cytokine and chemokine profiles and viral load in severe fever with thrombocytopenia syndrome: case report and review of literature. Medicine (Baltimore) 2019;98:e17571.Search in Google Scholar
2. Yu, XJ, Liang, MF, Zhang, SY, Liu, Y, Li, JD, Sun, YL, et al.. Fever with thrombocytopenia associated with a novel bunyavirus in China. N Engl J Med 2011;364:1523–32. https://doi.org/10.1056/nejmoa1010095.Search in Google Scholar
3. Li, H, Lu, QB, Xing, B, Zhang, SF, Liu, K, Du, J, et al.. Epidemiological and clinical features of laboratory-diagnosed severe fever with thrombocytopenia syndrome in China, 2011–17: a prospective observational study. Lancet Infect Dis 2018;18:1127–37. https://doi.org/10.1016/s1473-3099(18)30293-7.Search in Google Scholar
5. Li, M, Yang, F, Lu, Y, Huang, W. Identification of Enterococcus faecalis in a patient with urinary-tract infection based on metagenomic next-generation sequencing: a case report. BMC Infect Dis 2020;20:467. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12879-020-05179-0.Search in Google Scholar
6. Han, D, Li, Z, Li, R, Tan, P, Zhang, R, Li, J. mNGS in clinical microbiology laboratories: on the road to maturity. Crit Rev Microbiol 2019;45:668–85. https://doi.org/10.1080/1040841x.2019.1681933.Search in Google Scholar
7. Miao, Q, Ma, Y, Wang, Q, Pan, J, Zhang, Y, Jin, W, et al.. Microbiological diagnostic performance of metagenomic next-generation sequencing when applied to clinical practice. Clin Infect Dis 2018;67:S231–40. https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/ciy693.Search in Google Scholar
8. Wang, F, Wu, Y, Jiao, J, Wang, J, Ge, Z. Risk factors and clinical characteristics of severe fever with thrombocytopenia syndrome. Int J Gen Med 2020;13:1661–7. https://doi.org/10.2147/ijgm.s292735.Search in Google Scholar
10. Wang, T, Li, XL, Liu, M, Song, XJ, Zhang, H, Wang, YB, et al.. Epidemiological characteristics and environmental risk factors of severe fever with thrombocytopenia syndrome in Hubei Province, China, from 2011 to 2016. Front Microbiol 2017;8:387. https://doi.org/10.3389/fmicb.2017.00387.Search in Google Scholar
The online version of this article offers supplementary material (https://doi.org/10.1515/cclm-2021-0791).
© 2021 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston