Funding source: National Natural Science Foundation of China 10.13039/501100001809
Award Identifier / Grant number: 81741076
Award Identifier / Grant number: 81801490
We thank Weina Jin and Jingshan Chen for the contribution on the study design.
Research funding: This work is supported by National Natural Science Foundation (81801490 & 81741076).
Author contributions: All authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this manuscript and approved its submission.
Competing interests: Authors state no conflict of interest.
Informed consent: Informed consent was obtained from all individuals included in this study.
Ethical approval: This study was approved by the Ethics Committee of Children’s Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine (2020-IRB-186).
1. Khalil, M, Teunissen, CE, Otto, M, Piehl, F, Sormani, MP, Gattringer, T, et al.. Neurofilaments as biomarkers in neurological disorders. Nat Rev Neurol 2018;14:577–89. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41582-018-0058-z.Search in Google Scholar
2. Wurster, CD, Steinacker, P, Günther, R, Koch, JC, Lingor, P, Uzelac, Z, et al.. Neurofilament light chain in serum of adolescent and adult SMA patients under treatment with nusinersen. J Neurol 2020;267:36–44. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00415-019-09547-y.Search in Google Scholar
3. Reinert, MC, Benkert, P, Wuerfel, J, Michalak, Z, Ruberte, E, Barro, C, et al.. Serum neurofilament light chain is a useful biomarker in pediatric multiple sclerosis. Neurol Neuroimmunol Neuroinflammation 2020;7:e749. https://doi.org/10.1212/nxi.0000000000000749.Search in Google Scholar
4. Mariotto, S, Gajofatto, A, Zuliani, L, Zoccarato, M, Gastaldi, M, Franciotta, D, et al.. Serum and CSF neurofilament light chain levels in antibody-mediated encephalitis. J Neurol 2019;266:1643–8. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00415-019-09306-z.Search in Google Scholar
5. Evers, KS, Hügli, M, Fouzas, S, Kasser, S, Pohl, C, Stoecklin, B, et al.. Serum neurofilament levels in children with febrile seizures and in controls. Front Neurosci 2020;14:1–8. https://doi.org/10.3389/fnins.2020.579958.Search in Google Scholar
6. Chen, J, Yang, X, Zhang, Y, Zheng, P, Wei, C, Mao, Z, et al.. Reference values for plasma neurofilament light chain (NfL) in healthy Chinese. Clin Chem Lab Med 2021;59:e153–6. https://doi.org/10.1515/cclm-2020-1030.Search in Google Scholar
7. Rissin, DM, Kan, CW, Campbell, TG, Howes, SC, Fournier, DR, Song, L, et al.. Single-molecule enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay detects serum proteins at subfemtomolar concentrations. Nat Biotechnol 2010;28:595–9. https://doi.org/10.1038/nbt.1641.Search in Google Scholar
© 2021 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston