Research funding: None declared.
Author contributions: All authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this manuscript and approved its submission.
Competing interests: Authors state no conflict of interest.
Informed consent: Not applicable.
Ethical approval: The local Institutional Review Board deemed the study exempt from review.
1. Choi, J, Gyu Yun, S. Comparison of biotin interference in second- and third-generation roche free thyroxine immunoassays. Ann Lab Med 2020;40:274–6 . https://doi.org/10.3343/alm.2020.40.3.274.Search in Google Scholar PubMed PubMed Central
2. Roche Diagnostics. Product care project – Biotine Threshold Update Elecsys Tg II; 2020.Search in Google Scholar
3. Roche Diagnostics. Elecsys Tg II (Biotin sensitive) – Method Sheet; 2018:2–5 pp.Search in Google Scholar
4. Mzougui, S, Favresse, J, Soleimani, R, Fillée, C, Gruson, D. Biotin interference: evaluation of a new generation of electrochemiluminescent immunoassays for high-sensitive troponin T and thyroid-stimulating hormone testing. Clin Chem Lab Med [Internet] 2020;58:2037–45 . https://doi.org/10.1515/cclm-2020-0214.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
6. Spencer, CA, LoPresti, JS. Technology Insight: Measuring thyroglobulin and thyroglobulin autoantibody in patients with differentiated thyroid cancer [Internet]. Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab 2008;4:223–33 . https://doi.org/10.1038/ncpendmet0757.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
7. Barbesino, G. Misdiagnosis of graves’ disease with apparent severe hyperthyroidism in a patient taking biotin megadoses. Thyroid [Internet] 2016;26:860–3 . https://doi.org/10.1089/thy.2015.0664.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
9. Mrosewski, I, Urbank, M, Stauch, T, Switkowski, R. Interference from high-dose biotin intake in immunoassays for potentially time-critical analytes by roche. Arch Pathol Lab Med [Internet] 2020;144:1108–17 . https://doi.org/10.5858/arpa.2019-0425-oa.Search in Google Scholar
10. Piketty, ML, Prie, D, Sedel, F, Bernard, D, Hercend, C, Chanson, P, et al.. High-dose biotin therapy leading to false biochemical endocrine profiles: validation of a simple method to overcome biotin interference. Clin Chem Lab Med [Internet] 2017;55:817–25 . https://doi.org/10.1515/cclm-2016-1183.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
© 2021 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston