Funding source: Hangzhou Health Science and Technology Plan Project
Award Identifier / Grant number: No.B20220545
We would like to acknowledge the hard and dedicated work of all the staff that implemented the intervention and evaluation components of the study.
Research funding: Hangzhou Health Science and Technology Plan Project (No.B20220545).
Author contributions: All authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this manuscript and approved its submission.
Competing interests: Authors state no conflict of interest.
Informed consent: Informed consent was obtained from all individuals included in this study.
Ethical approval: This study was conducted with approval from the Ethics Committee of Linping Campus, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University School of Medicine. This study was conducted in accordance with the declaration of Helsinki.Written informed consent was obtained from all participants.
1. Januszewicz, W, Wieszczy, P, Bialek, A, Karpinska, K, Szlak, J, Szymonik, J, et al.. Endoscopist biopsy rate as a quality indicator for outpatient gastroscopy: a multicenter cohort study with validation. Gastrointest Endosc 2019;89:1141–9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gie.2019.01.008.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
2. Song, M, Camargo, MC, Weinstein, SJ, Murphy, G, Freedman, ND, Koshiol, J, et al.. Serum pepsinogen 1 and anti-Helicobacter pylori IgG antibodies as predictors of gastric cancer risk in Finnish males. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2018;47:494–503. https://doi.org/10.1111/apt.14471.Search in Google Scholar PubMed PubMed Central
3. Miftahussurur, M, Waskito, LA, Aftab, H, Vilaichone, RK, Subsomwong, P, Nusi, IA, et al.. Serum pepsinogens as a gastric cancer and gastritis biomarker in South and Southeast Asian populations. PLoS One 2020;15: e0230064. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0230064.Search in Google Scholar PubMed PubMed Central
4. Kim, HY, Kim, N, Kang, JM, Park, YS, Lee, DH, Kim, YR, et al.. Clinical meaning of pepsinogen test and Helicobacter pylori serology in the health check-up population in Korea. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2009;21:606–12. https://doi.org/10.1097/MEG.0b013e3283086757.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
5. Watabe, H, Mitsushima, T, Yamaji, Y, Okamoto, M, Wada, R, Kokubo, T, et al.. Predicting the development of gastric cancer from combining Helicobacter pylori antibodies and serum pepsinogen status: a prospective endoscopic cohort study. Gut 2005;54:764–8. https://doi.org/10.1136/gut.2004.055400.Search in Google Scholar PubMed PubMed Central
6. Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute. Defining, establishing, and verifying reference intervals in the clinical laboratory; approved guideline, 3rd . Wayne: PA: CLSI C28–A3c; 2010.Search in Google Scholar
7. The Ministry of Health of the People’s Republic of China. WS/T 402–2012 Clinical Laboratory Test Project Reference Range. Beijing: China: Standard Press; 2013.Search in Google Scholar
8. Juan Cai, W, Yin, L, Kang, Q, Chen Zeng, Z, Liang Wang, S, Cheng, J. The serum pepsinogen test as a predictor of Kazakh gastric cancer. Sci Rep 2017;7:43536–41. https://doi.org/10.1038/srep43536.Search in Google Scholar PubMed PubMed Central
9. Tu, H, Sun, L, Dong, X, Gong, Y, Xu, Q, Jing, J, et al.. A serological biopsy using five stomach-specific circulating biomarkers for gastric cancer risk assessment: a multi-phase study. Am J Gastroenterol 2017;112:704–15. https://doi.org/10.1038/ajg.2017.55.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
10. Huang, M, Tang, AG, Mu, S, Yang, JJ, Xiang, ZY, Liu, B, et al.. Serum pepsinogen reference intervals in apparently healthy Chinese population with latex enhanced turbidimetric immunoassay. J Clin Pathol 2014;67:350–4. https://doi.org/10.1136/jclinpath-2013-201942.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
© 2022 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston