Funding source: The Grant from Ritsumeikan University
We thank Geoff Gillespie for his assistance in preparing this manuscript.
Research funding: This work was supported by the grant from Ritsumeikan University.
Author contributions: All authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this manuscript and approved its submission.
Competing interests: Authors state no conflict of interest.
Informed consent: Not applicable.
Ethical approval: All animal experimental procedures and protocols were approved by the Institutional Animal Care and Ethics Committee of Ritsumeikan University (BKC2020-005).
1. Verhoye, E, Van den Bruel, A, Delanghe, JR, Debruyne, E, Langlois, MR. Spuriously high thyrotropin values due to anti-thyrotropin antibodies in adult patients. Clin Chem Lab Med 2009;47:604–6. https://doi.org/10.1515/CCLM.2009.138.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
2. Loh, TP, Kao, SL, Halsall, DJ, Toh, SA, Chan, E, Ho, SC, et al.. Macro-thyrotropin: a case report and review of literature. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2012;97:1823–8. https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2011-3490.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
3. Hattori, N, Ishihara, T, Matsuoka, N, Saito, T, Shimatsu, A. Variability in the detection of macro TSH in different immunoassay systems. Eur J Endocrinol 2016;174:9–15. https://doi.org/10.1530/eje-15-0883.Search in Google Scholar
4. Hattori, N, Ishihara, T, Matsuoka, N, Saito, T, Shimatsu, A. Anti-thyrotropin autoantibodies in patients with macro-thyrotropin and long-term changes in macro-thyrotropin and serum thyrotropin levels. Thyroid 2017;27:138–46. https://doi.org/10.1089/thy.2016.0442.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
8. Umemori, Y, Murai, R, Asanuma, K, Takahashi, Y, Kuno, Y, Saito, T, et al.. Luteinizing hormone (LH) formed a complex with an immunoglobulin G caused abnormally high levels of LH: a case report. Clin Biochem 2021;93:33–5. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiochem.2021.03.010.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
9. Chihara, K, Hattori, N, Matsuda, T, Murasawa, S, Daimon, M, Shimatsu, A. Procedures for the diagnosis of macro-follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) in a patient with high serum FSH concentrations. Clin Chem Lab Med 2019;58:e40–3. https://doi.org/10.1515/cclm-2019-0846.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
10. Hattori, N, Inagaki, C. Anti-prolactin (PRL) autoantibodies cause asymptomatic hyperprolactinemia: bioassay and clearance studies of PRL-immunoglobulin G complex. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1997;82:3107–10. https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.82.9.3107.Search in Google Scholar
© 2022 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston