Research funding: None declared.
Author contributions: All authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this manuscript and approved its submission.
Competing interests: Authors state no conflict of interest.
Informed consent: Informed consent was obtained from all individuals included in this study.
Ethical approval: The research involving human subjects complied with all relevant national regulations and institutional policies, in accordance with the tenets of the Helsinki Declaration (as revised in 2013), and has been approved by the Review Board of the University Center of Pato Branco (5.053.085 in 2021).
1. Agnello, L, Vidali, M, Lo Sasso, B, Giglio, RV, Gambino, CM, Scazzone, C, et al.. Monocyte distribution width (MDW) as a screening tool for early detecting sepsis: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Clin Chem Lab Med 2022;60:786–92. https://doi.org/10.1515/cclm-2021-1331.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
2. Crouser, ED, Parrillo, JE, Seymour, C, Angus, DC, Bicking, K, Tejidor, L, et al.. Improved early detection of sepsis in the ed with a novel monocyte distribution width biomarker. Chest 2021;152:518–26. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chest.2017.05.039.Search in Google Scholar PubMed PubMed Central
3. Hausfater, P, Boter, NR, Indiano, CM, de Abreu, MC, Marin, AM, Pernet, J, et al.. Monocyte distribution width (MDW) performance as an early sepsis indicator in the emergency department: comparison with CRP and procalcitonin in a multicenter international European prospective study. Crit Care 2021;25:227. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13054-021-03622-5.Search in Google Scholar PubMed PubMed Central
4. Polilli, E, Sozio, F, Frattari, A, Persichitti, L, Sensi, M, Posata, R, et al.. Comparison of Monocyte Distribution Width (MDW) and procalcitonin for early recognition of sepsis. PLoS One 2020;15:1–13. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0227300.Search in Google Scholar PubMed PubMed Central
5. Piva, E, Zuin, J, Pelloso, M, Tosato, F, Fogar, P, Plebani, M. Monocyte distribution width (MDW) parameter as a sepsis indicator in intensive care units. Clin Chem Lab Med 2021;59:1307–14. https://doi.org/10.1515/cclm-2021-0192.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
6. FDA. Substantial equivalence determination decision summary. Food & Drug Administration; 2019. Available from: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/reviews/K181599.pdf [Accessed 4 Apr 2022].Search in Google Scholar
7. Dalanhol, M, Barros, M, Mazuchelli, J, Silva, PH, Hashimoto, Y, Largura, A. Efeitos quantitativos da estocagem de sangue periférico nas determinações do hemograma automatizado. Rev Bras Hematol Hemoter 2021;32:16–22. https://doi.org/10.1590/s1516-84842010005000011.Search in Google Scholar
© 2022 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston