Research funding: None declared.
Author contributions: All authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this manuscript and approved its submission.
Competing interests: Authors state no conflict of interest.
Informed consent: Not applicable.
Ethical approval: Not applicable.
1. CLSI C24-Ed4. Statistical quality control for quantitative measurement procedures: principles and definitions, 4th ed. Wayne PA: Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute; 2016.Search in Google Scholar
2. Braga, F, Pasqualetti, S, Aloisio, E, Panteghini, M. The internal quality control in the traceability era. Clin Chem Lab Med 2021;59:291–300. https://doi.org/10.1515/cclm-2020-0371.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
3. Westgard, JO, Quam, EF, Barry, PL. Establishing and evaluating QC acceptability criteria. Med Lab Observ 1994;26:22–6.Search in Google Scholar
4. Braga, F, Panteghini, M. Performance specifications for measurement uncertainty of common biochemical measurands according to Milan models. Clin Chem Lab Med 2021;59:1362–8. https://doi.org/10.1515/cclm-2021-0170.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
5. Bayat, H, Westgard, SA, Westgard, JO. Planning risk-based SQC strategies: practical tools to support the new CLSI C24Ed4 guidance. J Appl Lab Med 2017;2:211–21. https://doi.org/10.1373/jalm.2017.023192.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
6. Parvin, CA. Assessing the impact of the frequency of quality control testing on the quality of reported patient results. Clin Chem 2008;54:2049–54. https://doi.org/10.1373/clinchem.2008.113639.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
8. Westgard, JO, Bayat, H, Westgard, SA. Planning risk-based SQC schedules for bracketed operation of continuous production analyzers. Clin Chem 2018;64:289–96. https://doi.org/10.1373/clinchem.2017.278291.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
9. Westgard, JO, Bayat, H, Westgard, SA. Planning SQC strategies and adapting QC frequency for patient risk. Clin Chim Acta 2021;523:1–5. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cca.2021.08.028.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
10. Westgard, SA, Bayat, H, Westgard, JO. A multi-test planning model for risk based statistical quality control strategies. Clin Chim Acta 2021;523:216–33. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cca.2021.09.020.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
© 2022 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston