Research funding: None declared.
Author contributions: All authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this manuscript and approved its submission.
Competing interests: Authors state no conflict of interest.
Informed consent: Not applicable.
Ethical approval: The study has been approved by the Ethical Committee of the Clalit Health services institution.
1. Katzmann, JA, Kyle, RA, Benson, J, Larson, DR, Snyder, MR, Lust, JA, et al.. Screening panels for detection of monoclonal gammopathies. Clin Chem 2009;55:1517–22. https://doi.org/10.1373/clinchem.2009.126664.Search in Google Scholar PubMed PubMed Central
2. Singh, G. Serum free light chain assay and κ/λ ratio: performance in patients with monoclonal gammopathy-high false negative rate for κ/λ ratio. J Clin Med Res 2017;9:46–57. https://doi.org/10.14740/jocmr2802w.Search in Google Scholar PubMed PubMed Central
3. Sebia. Serum and Urine Immunofixation. Identification of monoclonal proteins by agarose gel electrophoresis; 2021. Available from: https://www.sebia.com/tests/serum-and-urine-immunofixation.Search in Google Scholar
4. Tate, J, Bazeley, S, Sykes, S, Mollee, P. Quantitative serum free light chain assay–analytical issues. Clin Biochem Rev 2009;30:131–40.Search in Google Scholar
5. Keren, DF, Gulbranson, R, Carey, JL, Krauss, JC. 2-Mercaptoethanol treatment improves measurement of an IgM kappa M-protein by capillary electrophoresis. Clin Chem 2001;47:1326–7. https://doi.org/10.1093/clinchem/47.7.1326.Search in Google Scholar
6. Abraham, RS, Charlesworth, MC, Owen, BA, Benson, LM, Katzmann, JA, Reeder, CB, et al.. Trimolecular complexes of lambda light chain dimers in serum of a patient with multiple myeloma. Clin Chem 2002;48:1805–11. https://doi.org/10.1093/clinchem/48.10.1805.Search in Google Scholar
7. Sheppard, CA, Allen, RC, Austin, GE, Young, AN, Ribeiro, MA, Fantz, CR. Paraprotein interference in automated chemistry analyzers. Clin Chem 2005;51:1077–8. https://doi.org/10.1373/clinchem.2004.045740.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
8. Bakker, AJ, Mücke, M. Gammopathy interference in clinical chemistry assays: mechanisms, detection and prevention. Clin Chem Lab Med 2007;45:1240–3. https://doi.org/10.1515/cclm.2007.254.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
9. Wechalekar, AD, Lachmann, HJ, Goodman, HJ, Bradwell, A, Hawkins, PN, Gillmore, JD. AL amyloidosis associated with IgM paraproteinemia: clinical profile and treatment outcome. Blood 2008;112:4009–16. https://doi.org/10.1182/blood-2008-02-138156.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
© 2022 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston