The organizing committee is pleased to welcome scientists from around the world to the 45th IUPAC World Chemistry Congress and 48th IUPAC General Assembly (IUPAC-2015), which will be held 9-14 August 2015 in Busan, Korea. IUPAC-2015 will provide the appropriate forum to promote innovation in chemistry and related fields all over the world.
The main goals of the 45th IUPAC Congress are to:
· emphasize the central role of chemistry as a multidisciplinary science improving the quality of life and welfare through innovative scientific achievements;
· discuss current issues of mutual interest and seek insights that will be highly appropriate and beneficial in solving problems around us relating to energy, food, water, and the environment;
· provide a variety of opportunities to exchange ideas and expertise, and to network worldwide research groups;
· organize symposia attracting eminent chemists from all over the world; and
· promote collaboration in chemistry and related fields between Koreans and the world.
The theme for the IUPAC 2015 Congress is “Smart Chemistry, Better Life”. The Congress will include plenary and keynote lectures, oral and poster presentations, workshops, and up-to-date scientific exhibitions. Four Nobel Laureates and other distinguished chemists will participate as plenary and keynote speakers.
The scientific topics of the congress are:
· Physical Chemistry
· Molecular Synthesis
· Advances in Inorganic Chemistry
· Materials for Energy and Environment
· Analytical Chemistry & Environment
· Macromolecular Science and Technology
· Chemistry of Life
· Nanoscience and Materials
· Open Innovation for Enlightening Chemistry Education
· Green Chemistry for World Needs
· Chemistry for Industry Innovation
Registration in now open and early bird discounted rates will end 30 June 2015. The deadline for abstract submission is 30 April 2015. Busan, the Congress venue and a bustling city of 4 million, is situated on the southeastern tip of the Korean peninsula. The natural environment of Busan is a perfect example of harmony between mountains, rivers, and sea. Its geography includes a coastline with superb beaches and scenic cliffs, mountains that provide excellent hiking and extraordinary views, and hot springs scattered throughout the city. Its natural endowments and rich history have resulted in Busan’s increasing reputation as a world-class city of tourism and culture.
See you soon at Busan!
©2015 by Walter de Gruyter Berlin/Boston