The pneumatic conveying experiment bed has been established to study the flow characteristics of air- solids two-phase flow in horizontal pipeline. Euler model was applied to simulate it based on analysis of Gambit and fluid analysis software-fluent. The simulated results indicated: under the same gas phase conveying flow and pressure, the bigger particle diameter is, the bigger pressure drop is in the horizontal pipeline. The smaller particle diameter is, the more uniform of the particle’s distribution is, and the more easily obtaining the acceleration is. Particle concentration at the bottom of the horizontal pipe is increasing in the axial direction, while close to the tail pipe it will be reduce. The simulated conclusion is consistent with the actual measurement results, herewith rendering some footing for engineering design and theoretical research on pneumatic conveying systems.
Funding statement: Funding: All calculations were performed in Liaoning Shihua University. And thanks to the National Natural Science Foundation of China (21276120).
1. Liu X, Duan G, LiuZ, Wu W. Experiment study and numerical simulation on gas-solid two-phase flow in horizontal elbow pipe. J Jinan Univ Nat Sci Edn 2012;26:229–35.Search in Google Scholar
2. Zhao Y, Li L, Liu H, Yu Z. Chaotic characteristics of gas-solid flow in horizontal pipe. J East China Univ Sci Technol 2004;30:510–13.Search in Google Scholar
4. Jiang F, Huang P. Fluent advanced applications and case analysis. Gakken Building Block A: Tsinghua University Press, 2008;1–4.Search in Google Scholar
8. Li Z, Peng Z, Zhou Y, Tao M. Numerical simulation and analysis on dense phase pneumatic conveying of bulk material. SP & BMH Related Eng 2012;5:32–5.Search in Google Scholar
9. Zhou Y, Chen X, Liang C, Meng Q, Lu P, Pu W, Xu P. Dense phase pneumatic conveying for pulverized coal with different mean particle size under high pressure. Power Eng 2009;29:25–9.Search in Google Scholar
©2016 by De Gruyter