Author contributions: All the authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this submitted manuscript and approved submission.
Research funding: None declared.
Employment or leadership: None declared.
Honorarium: None declared.
Competing interests: The funding organization(s) played no role in the study design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; or in the decision to submit the report for publication.
2. Joint Commission. 2020 Hospital National Patient Safety Goals. Available online: https://www.jointcommission.org/assets/1/6/2020_HAP_NPSG_goals_final.pdf. Accessed November 28, 2019.Search in Google Scholar
3. Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI). Management of critical- and significant-risk results, 1st ed. CLSI guideline GP47. Wayne, PA, USA: Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute, 2015.Search in Google Scholar
4. Gosselin RC, Adcock D, Dorgalaleh A, Favaloro EJ, Lippi G, Pego JM, et al. International Council for Standardization in Haematology recommendations for hemostasis critical values, tests, and reporting. Semin Thromb Hemost 2019. doi: 10.1055/s-0039-1697677. [Epub ahead of print].Search in Google Scholar PubMed
5. Campbell C, Caldwell G, Coates P, Flatman R, Georgiou A,Horvath AR, et al. Consensus statement for the management and communication of high risk laboratory results. Clin Biochem Rev 2015;36:97–105.Search in Google Scholar
6. Lippi G, Giavarina D, Montagnana M, Luca Salvagno G,Cappelletti P, Plebani M, et al. National survey on critical values reporting in a cohort of Italian laboratories. Clin Chem Lab Med 2007;45:1411–3.10.1515/CCLM.2007.288Search in Google Scholar PubMed
7. Dighe AS, Jones JB, Parham S, Lewandrowski KB. Survey of critical value reporting and reduction of false-positive critical value results. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2008;132:1666–71.10.5858/2008-132-1666-SOCVRASearch in Google Scholar PubMed
9. Lippi G, Mattiuzzi C. Critical laboratory values communication: summary recommendations from available guidelines. Ann Transl Med 2016;4:400.10.21037/atm.2016.09.36Search in Google Scholar PubMed PubMed Central
10. Lippi G, Cadamuro J, von Meyer A, Simundic AM. Practical recommendations for managing hemolyzed samples in clinical chemistry testing. Clin Chem Lab Med 2018;56:718–27.10.1515/cclm-2017-1104Search in Google Scholar PubMed
©2020 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston