Tera hertz optical asymmetric demultiplexer (TOAD) using two semiconductor optical amplifiers and two control signals has been used to design an all optical parity checker and generator. The same circuit can generate and check both even and odd parity using a control input. The numerical simulation using Matlab 2007b is done for performance analysis of the proposed device in terms of output bit pattern, amplified spontaneous emission (ASE) noise, extinction ratio, contrast ratio, pseudo eye diagram, relative eye opening (98.9% for 20 dB gain and 96.21% for 10 dB gain) and their variation with input control pulse energy, amplified spontaneous emission noise factor for different unsaturated gain. The simulated value of E.R. = 81.39 dB, C.R. = 83.15 dB, REOP = 98.9% and Q value = 86.16 dB are found for this proposal.
Author contribution: All the authors have accepted responsibility for the entire content of this submitted manuscript and approved submission.
Research funding: None declared.
Conflict of interest statement: The authors declare no conflicts of interest regarding this article.
1. Kotb, A. Theoretical analysis of soliton NOR gate with semiconductor optical amplifier- assisted Mach-Zehnder interferometer. Opt Quant Electron 2017;49:180. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11082-017-1017-4.Search in Google Scholar
2. Wen, H, Wang, H, Ji, Y. All-optical quantization and coding scheme for ultrafast analog to digital conversion exploiting polarization switches based on nonlinear polarization rotation in semiconductor optical amplifiers. Opt Comm 2012;285:3877–85. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optcom.2012.05.038.Search in Google Scholar
3. Wang, Y, Liu, X, Tian, Q, Wang, L, Xin, X. All optical clocked flipflop and random access memory cells using the nonlinear polarization rotation effect of low polarization dependent semiconductor optical amplifiers. Opt Comm 2018;410:846–54. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optcom.2017.10.085.Search in Google Scholar
4. Mukherjee, K. A method of implementation of frequency encoded all optical encryption decryption using four wave mixing. Optik 2011;122:1107–11. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijleo.2010.09.017.Search in Google Scholar
5. Sun, Z, Wang, Z, Wu, C, Wang, F, Li, Q. All optical pseudorandom bit sequencesgenerator based on TOADs. Opti Fiber techn 2016;28:42–7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yofte.2015.12.008.Search in Google Scholar
7. Zoiros, KE, Papadopoulos, G, Houbavlis, T, Kanellos, GT. Theoretical analysis and performance investigation of ultrafast all-optical Boolean XOR gate with semiconductor optical amplifier-assisted Sagnac interferometer. Opt Comm 2006;258:114–34. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optcom.2005.07.059.Search in Google Scholar
8. Le Minh, H, Ghassemlooy, Z, Pang, W. Characterization and performance analysis of a TOAD switch. employing a dual control pulse scheme high-speed OTDM demultiplexer. IEEE Comm Letters 2008;12. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2008.061299.Search in Google Scholar
9. Sivakumar, T, Li, P. A secure image encryption method using scan pattern and random key stream derived from laser chaos. Opt Laser Tech 2019;111:196–4. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optlastec.2018.09.048.Search in Google Scholar
11. Maji, K, Mukherjee, K. Analysis of soliton based NOR gate using dual- control terahertz optical asymmetric demultiplexer (DCTOAD). IJPOT 2019;4:1–5. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0218126619501561.Search in Google Scholar
12. Maji, K, Mukherjee, K. Performance analysis of optical logic XOR gate using dual-control tera hertz optical asymmetric demultiplexer (DCTOAD). Presented in IEEE Devic. ISBN: 978-1-5386-6722-4.10.1109/DEVIC.2019.8783496Search in Google Scholar
13. Maji, K, Mukherjee, K. Design and analysis of XOR gate and four bit binary to four bit gray and gray to binary code converter using dual control dual SOA TOAD. Micro Nanosys, Online published, https://doi.org/10.2174/1876402912666200123105631.Search in Google Scholar
14. Chattoipadhyay, T. All-optical clocked delay flip-flop using single terahertz optical asymmetric demultiplexer-based switch: a theoretical study applied optics. 2010;49. https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.49.005226.Search in Google Scholar PubMed
15. Maji, K, Mukherjee, K, Raja, A. Analysis of tera hertz optical asymmetric Demultiplexer (TOAD)based optical switch using soliton pulse. presented in 1st international conference “2018 IEEE Electron Device Kolkata (2018IEEE EDKCON)” Nov 24–25. ISBN: 978-1-5386-6415-5. https://doi.org/10.1109/EDKCON.2018.8770490.Search in Google Scholar
16. Rakshit, JK, Roy, JN, Chattopadhay, T. Design of micro-ring resonator based all-optical parity generator and checker circuit. Opt Comm 2013;303:30–7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optcom.2013.03.025.Search in Google Scholar
17. Nair, N, Kaur, S, Goyal, R. All-optical integrated parity generator and checker using an SOA-based optical tree architecture. Curr Opt Photon 2018;2:400–6. https://doi.org/10.3807/COPP.2018.2.5.400.Search in Google Scholar
18. Komatsu, K, Hosaya, G, Yashima, H. All-optical logic NOR gate using singlequantum-dot SOA-assisted an optical filter. Opt Quant Electro 2018;50:131. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11082-017-1119-z.Search in Google Scholar
© 2020 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston