2017 OPEN ACCESS WEEK
OPEN ACCESS WEEK 2017
Join DE GRUYTER webinar on:
JOURNAL TRANSITION FROM SUBSCRIPTION MODEL TO OPEN ACCESS
WHEN: 25. OCTOBER, 15.00 CET
WHERE? Follow the link.
In 2014 De Gruyter converted 14 journals to OA – this webinar looks at overarching strategies for journal transition from subs to OA – including current OA publishing landscape and single factors (like managing submissions, citations and funding) that play a role during the process. Is it worth it? Who will foot the bill? What to expect? And how to bring the EAB on board? The introductory one-hour webinar is built around three sections to allow participants to work out the flipping strategy for their publication and to timely and reasonably plan the change.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Editors of subscription journals
- Journal Editors
- Managing Editors
PART ONE: OA is the new black. Why many traditional journals take the plunge into OA?
- OA Journals - Key Facts and Figures
- Open Access options (differences between Green, Gold, and Platinum)
- Why transform journals from subscription to OA?
- Funding Opportunities - mandates from major organizations (Author-pays and other options, Institutional Membership, Knowledge Unlatched)
- Transformation by De Gruyter
PART TWO: Managing Change - People. Finance. Workflows.
- Author-Pays model - how to learn to embrace it?
- Communicating Change - How the decision to transform the journal will influence key people - EAB, authors base, reviewers
- Authors' support – paying and non-paying authors; waivers, APCs, transition times.
- Business model - different approaches
- Open Access – Three years on. What changed and what? The small triumphs and the challenges remaining.
PART THREE – No more chasing the subscription deals. It is now the new authors you’re after.
- Boosting visibility and discoverability of contents
- The need for a good journal/article ranking in Google
- How to use science press rooms? Focus on articles PR.
- OA conferences? Is it worth the hassle?
FOLLOW THE LINK.
Beata Socha – Product Manager, Open Access, DE GRUYTER
Agnieszka Bednarczyk-Drąg –Editorial Coordinator, Open Access, DE GRUYTER
Maria Hrynkiewicz – Senior Marketing Manager, Open Access, DE GRUYTER
Why Open Access?