- Modeling and analysis in molecular biology and electrophysiology
- Computational and Mathematical Drug Design and Discovery
- Explorations of engagement
- Paleography nowadays: Achievements and challenges
- Analytic Functions and Related Topics
- Analytic Functions and Related Topics
- Current Issues in Morpho-syntax in Japanese and Korean
- Fake News in Library and Information Science
- The New Metaphysics: Analytic/Continental Crossovers
- Open Psychology Topical Issue Proposals
- Health Literacy and Physical Literacy in Library Practice
- Gender issues in Library and Information Science: Focusing on Visual Aspects
- Special Issue on the 2nd International Conference on Chemistry, Chemical Process and Engineering (IC3PE)
- Applications of Nonlinear Dynamics
- Special Issue on the 10th Polish Conference on Analytical Chemistry (POKOCHA 2018)
- Digital Humanities in Biblical Studies and Theology
- Social Reception of Humanoid Robots
- Computational Intelligence Methodologies Meets Recurrent Cancers – From Prediction to Prognosis
- Post-Neo-Classical Perspectives on Economic Development: Emerging Global Cities and Varieties of Capitalism Theorization
- Archaeoastronomy and Ethnoastronomy Research
- Harmonic Analysis: Smooth and Non-Smooth
- 4th International Conference on Green Chemistry and Sustainable Engineering 2018
- Computer Modeling in Philosophy
- Emerging Technologies in Computing
- Computing, Electronics and Communications Engineering
- NICE conference 2018
- Special Issue based on 2nd Global Conference on Applied Physics, Mathematics and Computing
- AGRITOURISM The 1st World Congress Bolzano, Italy: 7-9 November, 2018
- Special Issue based on 7th International Eurasian Conference on Mathematical Sciences and Applications (IECMSA-2018)
- Special Issue: NANOP 2018 (Conference Place: Rome, October 1st-3rd, 2018)
- The 1st International Conference on Biodynamic Research
- Congress FOOD 2030: Towards sustainable agri-food systems
- REFAB 2018
- Topical Issue on Internet of Things for the Food
- Special Issue on the 13th European IFSA Symposium
- Pragmatics and discourse analysis of the language of Japanese food
- Special Issue on Cyber-Society, Smart Computing and Technology
- Special Issue "RIEMain in Contact"
- Special Issue on Robot and Human Interactive Communication
- International Conference On Nanomedicine And Nanobiotechnology
- Special Issue on the International Conference on Science, Applied Science, Teaching and Education 2019
- Dynamical Methods in Algebra, Geometry and Topology (DAGT)
- Design Thinking for Education
- Topical Issue on Intelligent Methods for Textual Information Retrieval
- Open Computer Science: Special Issue on Artificial Intelligence in Computer Science
- Special Issue on Computer Science Trends for Next Generation of Educational Technologies
- Special Issue on 'Chemistry Today for Tomorrow'
- Special Issue on the 10th Circumpolar Agriculture Conference
- Topical Issue on Applications of Mathematics in Chemistry
- Special Issue ESC2018 - The 36th General Assembly of the European Seismological Commission
Paleography nowadays: Achievements and challenges
Diego Navarro Bonilla, Charles III University of Madrid, Spain
This topical issue is going to integrate the “longue durée” research with European and not European manuscripts and the promising results of research on digital paleography under the umbrella of “Digital Humanities”.
This topical issue will be focused on the challenges posed by research with manuscripts in general and digital paleography in particular. Aspects such as: Image processing and image annotation, projects and case studies actually in progress, advances in recognition of handwritten characters, automatic generation of strokes, identification of writing variants, virtual restoration of writing supports, Recover Lost Writing, material (paper, parchment, ink, etc.) analysis, and computer-supported script characterization, etc., are welcome. All of them are possibilities of study and essential approaches that highlight the role played by handwriting analysis and paleography to improve the skills of our future curators and archive professionals and those responsible for managing the rich historical manuscript heritage. Results are expected to give answers to challenges such as standard descriptions and automatic transcription.
- State of the art. Thinking of paleography: why is so important in the digital Age? Main approaches and research focuses nowadays. The broad scope of paleography: not only reading letters but also generating tools and innovative methodologies, discovering hidden texts, understanding the context of production and use of scripts. The thin line of inter/multi disciplinarity dealing with manuscripts: preservation, description, understanding etc. Is all that paleography? Integration of multi disciplines. Interaction between diplomatic, calligraphy, epigraphy, sigillography, typography and also design.
- Transformative Digital paleography; actual and future perspectives under the scope of handwriting heritage and digital humanities approach.
- Technology applied to specific projects on: transcription, automatic recognition of scripts, treatment of manuscripts as a whole: text and form, content and shape. Big data and paleography.
- Innovation in professional formation; Paleography Skills, abilities and knowledge required to train experts and future curators of manuscripts: opportunities and challenges for Library and Information Sciences Faculties. Some successful cases (MOOC, etc.); Innovative training projects;
- Real achievements: studies of case of success and failure (if necessary).
- Extension of the article: 15-20 pages. Times, 12; 1.5
- Approximate deadline for the first draft: September 15th, 2018
- Expected date of publication in OIS: January 2019.
Handwriting variations, Manuscripts, Archives and Special Collections, Digital Humanities, History of writing culture, Digital Paleography, Diplomatic, Image and Text Processing, Visual Organization, Material analysis, Computer supported Script characterization, Document representations.