- Modeling and analysis in molecular biology and electrophysiology
- Computational and Mathematical Drug Design and Discovery
- Explorations of engagement
- Paleography nowadays: Achievements and challenges
- Analytic Functions and Related Topics
- Analytic Functions and Related Topics
- Current Issues in Morpho-syntax in Japanese and Korean
- Fake News in Library and Information Science
- The New Metaphysics: Analytic/Continental Crossovers
- Open Psychology Topical Issue Proposals
- Health Literacy and Physical Literacy in Library Practice
- Gender issues in Library and Information Science: Focusing on Visual Aspects
- Special Issue on the 2nd International Conference on Chemistry, Chemical Process and Engineering (IC3PE)
- Applications of Nonlinear Dynamics
- Special Issue on the 10th Polish Conference on Analytical Chemistry (POKOCHA 2018)
- Digital Humanities in Biblical Studies and Theology
- Social Reception of Humanoid Robots
- Computational Intelligence Methodologies Meets Recurrent Cancers – From Prediction to Prognosis
- Post-Neo-Classical Perspectives on Economic Development: Emerging Global Cities and Varieties of Capitalism Theorization
- Archaeoastronomy and Ethnoastronomy Research
- Harmonic Analysis: Smooth and Non-Smooth
- 4th International Conference on Green Chemistry and Sustainable Engineering 2018
- Computer Modeling in Philosophy
- Emerging Technologies in Computing
- Computing, Electronics and Communications Engineering
- NICE conference 2018
- Special Issue based on 2nd Global Conference on Applied Physics, Mathematics and Computing
- AGRITOURISM The 1st World Congress Bolzano, Italy: 7-9 November, 2018
- Special Issue based on 7th International Eurasian Conference on Mathematical Sciences and Applications (IECMSA-2018)
- Special Issue: NANOP 2018 (Conference Place: Rome, October 1st-3rd, 2018)
- The 1st International Conference on Biodynamic Research
- Congress FOOD 2030: Towards sustainable agri-food systems
- REFAB 2018
- Topical Issue on Internet of Things for the Food
- Special Issue on the 13th European IFSA Symposium
- Pragmatics and discourse analysis of the language of Japanese food
- Special Issue on Cyber-Society, Smart Computing and Technology
- Special Issue "RIEMain in Contact"
- Special Issue on Robot and Human Interactive Communication
- International Conference On Nanomedicine And Nanobiotechnology
- Special Issue on the International Conference on Science, Applied Science, Teaching and Education 2019
- Dynamical Methods in Algebra, Geometry and Topology (DAGT)
- Design Thinking for Education
- Topical Issue on Intelligent Methods for Textual Information Retrieval
- Open Computer Science: Special Issue on Artificial Intelligence in Computer Science
- Special Issue on Computer Science Trends for Next Generation of Educational Technologies
- Special Issue on 'Chemistry Today for Tomorrow'
- Special Issue on the 10th Circumpolar Agriculture Conference
- Topical Issue on Applications of Mathematics in Chemistry
- Special Issue ESC2018 - The 36th General Assembly of the European Seismological Commission
- Geodetic Engineering
- International Conference “Natural Hazards – Lessons from the Past and Contemporary Challenges”
- Alkaline-Carbonatitic magmatism
- Unlocking Sacred Landscapes: Digital Humanities and Ritual Space
- ISCMP 2018 Joint Science Congress of Materials and Polymers
- Brain Computer Interface for Smart Medical Applications
- Adult Neurogenesis and Neurological Disorders
- Gateway or Endpoint: Scandinavian Contacts from the Third to First Millennium BC
- STEM Education with a Better Understanding
- Towards Intelligent System for IoT and Big Data Applications
- Monitoring, Risk Assessment and Sustainable Management for the Exposure to Environmental Toxins
- Economics, Management and Technology in Enterprises 2019
- Special Issue on Applied Geomorphology 2019
- 6th International Conference on Agriculture 2019 – AGRICO 2019
- Metal nanoparticles biosynthesis using plant extracts
- Progress in area of the flow machines and devices
- OBJECT-ORIENTED ONTOLOGY AND ITS CRITICS
- Scientific – Technical Conference ENGINEERING OF CONSTRUCTION PROCESSES 2019
- Recent Advancement in Edge and Fog Computing for Intelligent IoT Applications
- Media Practice Commoning
- Applied Optimization
- Environmental Noise Exposure and public health as an important parameter of evaluation in Strategic Noise Maps and Noise Action Plans
- Special Issue based on the XXVth Symposium on Electromagnetic Phenomena in Nonlinear Circuits (EPNC2018)
- Mobile Robot Assistants for the Elderly
- Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology
- Recent Development of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis
Fake News in Library and Information Science
Open Information Science Journal invites submissions for a special issue dedicated to scholarship on the broad theme of Fake News. Scholars, Library and Information Science (LIS) professionals around the world are invited to submit papers.
Recent developments in the information sphere have created an environment of distrust and have emphasized the need for increased information/media/digital literacy. In this information environment, the notion of a universal truth is virtually non-existent and individuals seemingly choose their own truth. Also problematic is the general idea that any information with which one disagrees can be labeled “fake.” While information professionals have always advocated for the critical evaluation of information and sources, there has not been a connection made between Library and Information Science as a discipline and what the U.S. has been experiencing with regards to fake news, the weaponization of information, or the need for information literacy. This gap is reflective of the longstanding disconnect between the public and Library and Information Science.
The guest editors welcome a broad spectrum of submissions on topics related to Fake News, including, but not limited to, topics such as:
- Digital literacy
- Professional activities, roles, skills, responsibilities to combat Fake News
- Pedagogy and Fake News
- The Weaponization of Information
Submissions should include the following:
- The author’s full name, physical address, and email address.
- A title for the proposed paper (a tentative title is acceptable)
- A proposal of no more than 500 words, outlining the theme, research question, hypothesis or focus of the paper, the research approach to be taken to the study (for theoretical or conceptual papers) or the research strategy and methodology to be used (for a research paper or case study), and any other details that help explain the intended purpose and scope of the paper.
- Between 3 and 6 keywords to represent the themes or topics in the paper.
Please submit your completed proposal by May 15, 2018. Authors will be notified of acceptance by June 15, 2018. Final papers are due September 15, 2018.
All submissions will follow a full peer review process.
Final Papers should be from 6,000-8000 words, including notes and appendices, and formatted to the Instruction for Authors.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Authors are kindly invited to register at the paper processing system at: http://www.editorialmanager.com/opis/ and submit their contribution.
Every manuscript should be clearly marked as intended for this special issue. All papers will go through the Open Information Science’s high standards, quick, fair and comprehensive peer-review procedure. Instructions for authors are available here. In case of any questions, please contact Guest Editors (Dr. Renate Chancellor firstname.lastname@example.org and Dr. Shari Lee email@example.com or Managing Editor (firstname.lastname@example.org).
As an author of Open Information Science, you will benefit from:
- transparent, comprehensive and fast peer review managed by our esteemed Guest Editors;
- efficient route to fast-track publication and full advantage of De Gruyter e-technology;
- no publication fees;
- free language assistance for authors from non-English speaking regions.