- Modeling and analysis in molecular biology and electrophysiology
- Computational and Mathematical Drug Design and Discovery
- Explorations of engagement
- Paleography nowadays: Achievements and challenges
- Analytic Functions and Related Topics
- Analytic Functions and Related Topics
- Current Issues in Morpho-syntax in Japanese and Korean
- Fake News in Library and Information Science
- The New Metaphysics: Analytic/Continental Crossovers
- Open Psychology Topical Issue Proposals
- Health Literacy and Physical Literacy in Library Practice
- Gender issues in Library and Information Science: Focusing on Visual Aspects
- Special Issue on the 2nd International Conference on Chemistry, Chemical Process and Engineering (IC3PE)
- Applications of Nonlinear Dynamics
- Special Issue on the 10th Polish Conference on Analytical Chemistry (POKOCHA 2018)
- Digital Humanities in Biblical Studies and Theology
- Social Reception of Humanoid Robots
- Computational Intelligence Methodologies Meets Recurrent Cancers – From Prediction to Prognosis
- Post-Neo-Classical Perspectives on Economic Development: Emerging Global Cities and Varieties of Capitalism Theorization
- Archaeoastronomy and Ethnoastronomy Research
- Harmonic Analysis: Smooth and Non-Smooth
- 4th International Conference on Green Chemistry and Sustainable Engineering 2018
- Computer Modeling in Philosophy
- Emerging Technologies in Computing
- Computing, Electronics and Communications Engineering
- NICE conference 2018
- Special Issue based on 2nd Global Conference on Applied Physics, Mathematics and Computing
- AGRITOURISM The 1st World Congress Bolzano, Italy: 7-9 November, 2018
- Special Issue based on 7th International Eurasian Conference on Mathematical Sciences and Applications (IECMSA-2018)
- Special Issue: NANOP 2018 (Conference Place: Rome, October 1st-3rd, 2018)
- The 1st International Conference on Biodynamic Research
- Congress FOOD 2030: Towards sustainable agri-food systems
- REFAB 2018
- Topical Issue on Internet of Things for the Food
- Special Issue on the 13th European IFSA Symposium
- Pragmatics and discourse analysis of the language of Japanese food
- Special Issue on Cyber-Society, Smart Computing and Technology
- Special Issue "RIEMain in Contact"
- Special Issue on Robot and Human Interactive Communication
Digital Humanities in Biblical Studies and Theology
◄ Back to journal
Dr. Claire Clivaz, Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (Lausanne, CH), Vital-IT
Dr. Garrick V. Allen, Dublin City University (Ireland)
"Open Theology" (http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/opth) invites submissions for the topical issue "Digital Humanities in Biblical Studies and Theology".
The topic comprises all topics related to the digitization of biblical and theological studies, from theoretical or epistemological thoughts to the presentation of digital projects. For this special issue, we encourage contributions that consider the history of biblical studies or systematic theology, and explain that ways in which the transition to the digital media will (or will not) affect the definition and the practices of these disciplines. We also encourage systematic contributions that deal with new digital challenges such as serendipity vs teleology, or intent of the users vs intentio auctoris or operis, or artificial intelligence vs divine providence. Finally, we encourage contributions that focus on Bible and digital media, particularly digital storytelling and multimedia biblical narratives.
Authors publishing their articles in the topical issue will benefit from:
- transparent, comprehensive and fast peer review,
- an efficient route to fast-track publication and full advantage of De Gruyter Open’s e-technology,
- free language assistance for authors from non-English speaking regions.
Publication costs should be covered by Article Processing Charges (APC) paid by authors, their affiliated institutions, funders or sponsors. To view funding opportunities to cover APC please visit http://degruyteropen.com/you/author/fundingforauthors/. Authors who would like to apply for discounts or free publication are asked to contact Managing Editor of the journal Dr. Katarzyna Tempczyk (firstname.lastname@example.org) before submission of articles.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Submissions will be collected from November 1 to December 31, 2018 via the on-line submission system at: http://www.editorialmanager.com/openth/
Choose as article type: “Topical Issue Article: Digital Humanities”.
Before submission the authors should carefully read over the Instruction for Authors, available at: http://www.degruyter.com/view/supplement/s23006579_Instruction_for_Authors.pdf
All contributions will undergo critical peer-review before being accepted for publication.
Further questions about this thematic issue can be addressed to Further questions about this thematic issue can be addressed to Dr. Claire Clivaz, email@example.com. In case of technical or financial questions, please contact journal Managing Editor Dr. Katarzyna Tempczyk at firstname.lastname@example.org.