Accessing and maintaining collections – with high-quality metadata. De Gruyter gives libraries active support so that even with the purchase of complete packages users can access individual titles in no time.
Metadata for all electronic products and packages is supplied at no charge in the following formats:
- KBART (Knowledge Base and Related Tools)
- ONIX 2.1 for print books and eBooks
MARC and KBART are updated monthly and provided to all subscribers.
De Gruyter provides access to MARC records at various locations on its website:
- Users can download MARC data on the book product page by clicking “MARC record” under “Downloads + Service”.
- Libraries can also use our contact form to request MARC records for complete eBook packages, individual (pick-and-choose) eBook orders, eJournals, as well as databases and online resources
- All De Gruyter catalog data can be accessed via our partners and major library networks such as OCLC, ExLibris, ProQuest, GBV, BVB, HEBIS, SWB, and ABES.
In addition to the above options, you can also access current metadata directly from our FTP server: ftp://DGMetadata:J5jMGn8y@ftp.degruyter.de/
Do you have a question about metadata? Complete the form and we will contact you as soon as possible.