Rights and Permissions
Welcome to our rights and permissons department!
The Walter de Gruyter publishing group, which includes the imprints De Gruyter Mouton, De Gruyter Saur, De Gruyter Oldenbourg, De Gruyter Akademie and Birkhäuser, is known throughout the world as a leading publisher of academic literature.
De Gruyter publishes high quality content across a range of subject areas including architecture, language and linguistics, philosophy, theology and religious studies, art, classical and ancient studies, history, academic and library reference, library and information science, medicine and natural sciences, mathematics and physics, law and Jewish studies. Our content is highly regarded by publishers worldwide who regularly purchase translation rights for our titles.
If you would like to acquire a license for one of our titles, please feel free to browse our website to identify titles that may be of interest for your own publishing program. Feel free to contact us, if you are interested in obtaining a translation license for any of our titles. We are happy to assist also if you want to require any additional information to a title or need recommendations for suitable titles for your publishing program.
Our current Rights Catalog contains a selection of our most appealing titles from our program. Of course, it is also possible to obtain licenses for our other publications. You may also want to have a look at our New Publications Catalogs. For all inquiries regarding licensing, please contact:
Fax: +49 (0) 30 260 05-264
If you wish to reproduce reprints from any of our content in your publications, you are welcome to obtain permission. You may receive permission either directly through our partner Copyright Clearance Center (CCC) under http://www.copyright.com/ or on our own website by looking up the requested title, chapter or journal. Please proceed as follows:
- Please look up the title from which you would like to obtain permission on our website www.degruyter.com.
- Scroll down to the chapter that you would like to get permission for and click on it. If the title is not devided into chapters on our website skip this step.
- Here you find a “Get Permission”-button, which is linked to CCC RightsLink. When clicking on the button you will be automatically redirected to CCC.
- Click now on the “Pay-Per-Use-Options”-button.
- Chose the format of your work in the “Republish or display content”-field.
- You are now on CCC Marketplace. Please select the appropriate “Type of Use (TOU)” and proceed by following the instructions.
If you need further assistance, please reach out to email@example.com.
Please be aware that fees will usually be charged for the reproduction or translation of material held under copyright. Payment in advance is required and any permission, which remains unpaid after 30 days, will be considered void.
We also invite you to visit our booth at the Book Fairs in Frankfurt, London or Beijing. Please contact us if you wish to set up an appointment.