The De Gruyter Oldenbourg imprint publishes innovative, cutting-edge historical research. Alongside the 150 books we publish every year, our portfolio also includes prestigious journals and digital resources covering all eras from the
ancient world to the present day. Our partnerships with academics and high-profile research institutions across the world ensure our publications make a key contribution to both national and international debates.
Conferences and Events
We want to know! That’s why we attend conferences in all fields worldwide.
On our conferences overview, you will find all the places you can currently meet us.
Conferences and events
- 136th Annual Meeting of the American Historical Association, January 5–8, Philadelphia
- Digitale Geschichte und Historiographie (DHd 2023), March 13–17, Luxembourg
- AAS Asian Studies Conference, March 16–19, Boston
- Society for Military History (SMH), March 23–26, San Diego
- Kongress für Wirtschafts- und Sozialgeschichte, March 29–31, Leipzig
- OAH Conference on American History, March 30–April 2, Los Angeles
- European Social Science History Conference (ESSHC), April 12–15, Gothenburg
- Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences (FHSS 2023), May 26–June 1, Toronto
- Seventh European Congress on World and Global History (ENUIGH), June 29–July 1, The Hague
- Deutscher Historikertag 2023, September 19–22, Leipzig
Past Events and Videos
- +49 (0)30 26005-268
- +49 (0)30 26005-391
- +49 (0)89 76902-387
- +49 (0)89 76902-386
Florian Hoppe studied German, English, and “Literaturvermittlung” in Bamberg and Galway
and received his doctorate in Modern German Literature. After working for
several years at J.B. Metzler as editor of the “Enzyklopädie der Neuzeit”
(Encyclopedia of Early Modern Times), he joined De Gruyter in 2012. As Journals
Manager Humanities, he maintains and develops De Gruyter’s journal portfolio in
the fields of history and library and information science and takes great
pleasure in conceiving new projects in these areas.
- +49 (0)89 76902-441
- +49 (0)30 26005-125
Bettina Neuhoff studied history and German. She has been working in the history program area for over 15 years with a focus on the early modern period.
- +49 (0)89 76902-326
- +49 3026005349
Stay up-to-date with our De Gruyter Conversations!
De Gruyter Conversations is a digital magazine providing smart and thought-provoking insights into current topics and debates.
- Luxembourg Centre for Contemporary and Digital History (C²DH)
- International Federation for Public History (IFPH)
- Liberas (previously known as Liberas/Liberaal Archief)
- Arolsen Archives – International Center on Nazi Persecutio
- IGK Work and Human Life Cycle in Global History
- Yad Vashem - The World Holocaust Remembrance Center
- SFB 1199 - Processes of Spatialization under the Global Condition
- Vidal Sassoon International Center for the Study of Antisemitism
Learn more about our services
For Book Authors
Are you interested in publishing your next book with us? Find out who we are, which areas we publish and acquire new books in and which one of our renowned book series could be the right match for your project.
Publish your book
Whether your book project is just an idea or you are ready to submit a manuscript, here is all the information you need to guide you through our publication process.