Our list in Jewish studies spans a wide range from Ancient Near East and Hellenistic Judaism to modern and contemporary history. The program is highly interdisciplinary and covers theological topics such as Rabbinic Judaism or, more recently, Wissenschaft des Judentums. It includes German-Jewish history, Holocaust and Israel Studies and extends to topics such as Jewish art, literature, languages and culture. Whether digital or print, enjoy browsing our diverse program in Jewish Studies.
New: Our Jewish Studies Portal allows comprehensive searches of all entries of our databases from the "Archive Bibliographia Judaica" to the "Encyclopedia of the Bible and Its Reception Online"
- A comprehensive program covering all areas of Jewish Studies, from early Jewish literature, biblical studies, philosophy and literature, right through to historical studies
- Reference works, such as the Holocaust edition The Persecution and Murder of the European Jews, the Handbook of Israel or the commentary of The Jerusalem Talmud
- Databases such as Klemperer Online, the Encyclopedia of Jewish-Christian Relations Online, and the bio-bibliographical archive Archiv Bibliographia Judaica - searchable via our new Jewish Studies Portal
- Interdisciplinary approaches, such as that in the series Judaism, Christianity, and Islam – Tension, Transmission, Transformation or Key Concepts in Interreligious Discourses
- A broad range of textbooks and handbooks for study and teaching that reflect the latest developments in the field
Conferences and Events
We want to know! That’s why we attend conferences in all fields world-wide.
On our conferences overview, you will find all the places you can currently meet us.
Upcoming conferences and events
- Twelfth European Association for Jewish Studies (EAJS) Congress, Frankfurt, Germany, July 16–20, 2023
- Annual Meetings of American Academy of Religion / Society of Biblical Literature, San Antonio (TX), November 18–21, 2023
- 55th Annual Conference of the Association for Jewish Studies, San Francisco, December 17–19, 2023
Past Events and Videos
- +49 (0)89 76902-387
- +49 (0)30 26005-195
- +49 (0)30 26005-288
Stay up-to-date with our De Gruyter Conversations!
De Gruyter Conversations is a digital magazine providing smart and thought-provoking insights into current topics and debates.
- Franz Rosenzweig Minerva Research Centre, Hebrew University Jerusalem
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Abraham Geiger Kolleg Potsdam
- Association for European Jewish Literature Studies
- The Hebrew University Magnes Press, Jerusalem
- Institut für Zeitgeschichte München – Berlin
- Jewish Museum Frankfurt/Main
- Moses Mendelssohn Zentrum für europäisch-jüdische Studien, Potsdam
- Vidal Sassoon International Center for the Study of Antisemitism
Learn more about our services
For Book Authors
Are you interested in publishing your next book with us? Find out who we are, which areas we publish and acquire new books in and which one of our renowned book series could be the right match for your project.
Publish your book
Whether your book project is just an idea or you are ready to submit a manuscript, here is all the information you need to guide you through our publication process.