Open Access Books
As one of the largest independent academic publishers of open access books, we combine vast experience with a commitment to furthering developments in open access publishing.
Why choose De Gruyter to publish your open access book?
- We are committed to sound peer review, rigorous editorial practices, and high-quality author services.
- We combine well-established workflows and our experiences in book publishing with a dedication to our authors’ individual needs.
- We care about the best dissemination and visibility and publish all open access books with a Creative Commons license.
- We comply with all research funder requirements.
- In addition to the freely available e-book, all our open access books are published as a high-quality print edition as well.
Open access book publication charges
We calculate our open access fees individually based on the manuscript and the requested services.
For open access monographs and collected volumes, our fees start at about 7.000€ plus VAT. Possible additional costs depend on the type of the book (size, complexity, services required).
Please contact the appropriate Editorial Office for a specific offer.
Our services for open access books
De Gruyter offers authors and institutions the same comprehensive and quality services for open access books as for our traditional publications.
In addition to the freely available e-books, all our open access books are published in print. As author or contributor, you are entitled to complimentary print copies when publishing open access.
Collaborative open access funding models
We are dedicated to implementing innovative and sustainable funding models for open access publishing. In order to enable more scholars to publish their book publications immediately in open access, we are working with academic libraries and research funders to develop new funding models. Our open access transformation packages allow more authors to publish in OA with us, independently from their personal funds and institutional affiliation.