Since the publication of the previous edition, legislators have been busy with more than 20 amendments to the law concerning court costs, through which the court fee law also received numerous changes, which made an update of the reliable commentary necessary. The new edition explains:
- Victims' Rights law reform from 24.06.2004,
- Law for the introduction of the additional preventative detention from 23.07.2004,
- 1st Justice Modernization Act from 24.08.2004,
- Censure Hearing Act from 09.12.2004,
- EC Legal CostsAid Act from 15.12.2004,
- Law for the revision of the Partnership Law from 15.12.2004,
- Financial Statement Act from 15.12.2004,
- International Family Law Act from 26.01.2005 and
- Legal Communications Law from 22.03.2005.
The amount in dispute catalog of the jurisdiction is completely revised and newly composed. The "amount in dispute indices" have been considerably altered. The printed text on the cost regulations of the social court law was provided with short comments in the appendix.
As expected, the flood of published higher court jurisdiction has not dwindled despite the new legal costs regulations. It still also partly pertained to questions of the old version, valid up to 30.06.2004, of the court fee law. This has only been used as far as the definition of the old and new versions objectively correspond to each other.
The new edition also makes it possible to incorporate and thoroughly review the definition of procedural laws, particularly the questions of the procedures and amount in dispute. The comparison of the old and new regulations has been maintained. Literature and jurisdiction could be used to the end of June 2005.