Roland Michael Beckmann,
Michael Coester LL.M.,
The “Staudinger Cornerstones of Civil Law” provides a solid foundation for good lawyering by focusing on the essentials, whether for exams or legal practice: a knowledge of fundamental principles, not details, and an understanding of the system overall, not specialized expertise, thus ensuring preparedness for sound case work.
This revised 2012 edition offers:
Essential German supreme court decisions relevant for exams presented in table format.
- Thanks to a summary of recent changes in the German civil code relevant for exams in the“Current German civil law 2011/2012” section, this new edition saves you time.
- Exclusive: Entries that integrate and explain the interrelationships between areas handled separately by the German civil code (for example “infringement of contractual obligations”, “tort law”, or “contract types”).
- Discussion of the relevance of European law and current debates in European law that affect (or could affect) German civil law.
- Affordable: Over 1,200 pages of valuable information in the hardcover edition at a list price ofonly 149.95 euros.
- In short: “Students as well as lawyers of all ages should learn first-hand that this is a superbly designed book.” (ZAP Review of Books, ZAP number 4, 16 February 2011)