Allgemeines Künstlerlexikon - Internationale Künstlerdatenbank - Online
- Online Version (Rental Option)
Free Trial Access Available!
Are you an institutional customer? Sign up for a free IP trial for our databases. Just write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following information: name of the institution, contact person, country, IP address, database(s).
Are you an individual customer? Test the database yourself and activate your 30 days of free online trial.
Your access token: AKL2018
Discover how to get access: degruyter.com/accesstoken
- More than 1 million artists from A to Z
- More than 500,000 extensive, signed biographical articles, searchable in full text – 3,500 new articles added each year
- Non-restrictive DRM – allows for an unlimited number of simultaneous users campus / institution-wide
Aims and Scope
The database Allgemeines Künstlerlexikon Online (Artists of the World Online) is the world’s most contemporary, reliable and extensive reference work on artists. It contains authoritative, up-to-date biographical information on more than 1.2 million artists – more than any other database in the world!
- Online First: new, edited articles from A to Z are published online immediately
- Continual updates: details, exhibitions, sources are continually supplemented and updated
- Links to the database Paintings in Museums – Germany, Austria, Switzerland (for purchasers of this database): learn more about where the works are located with a single click
- Multiple search criteria – for professional and scholarly searches
- Explanations of the used abbreviations in German and English
- DE GRUYTER SAUR
- Type of Publication:
Art History Institutions, Museums, Libraries, Art and Antique Trade, Auction houses, Collectors, Art dealers, Curators