Deutsches Literatur-Lexikon Online
[Dictionary of German Literature Online]
One-time purchase of base content (RRP), subsequently annual update fee for new content
- Online Version (Purchase Option)
- Offers comprehensive and reliable information concerning authors from German-speaking countries, from the Middle Ages to the present.
- Integration with the Database of Authors: articles refer to the Database of Authors via links
- Search options include keywords, names, work titles, genres, biographical data, contributors and literature references.
- Citability is ensured thanks to a DOI for each article.
- Bibliographic information is updated on a continuous basis with data from the Germanistik Online Database.
- The Online Reference's non-restrictive DRM allows for an unlimited number of simultaneous users at each campus/institution.
Aims and Scope
This Online Reference Work makes the most well-known, comprehensive, and reliable texts on German literature available for the first time online: The Encyclopedia of German Literature and its supplemental series, The Encyclopedia of German Literature: The 20th Century and the Encyclopedia of German Literature: The Middle Ages. Spanning an extended time scale from the early Middle Ages to the recent present, this Online Reference Work is unique for its comprehensive scope, featuring articles on German-language authors from Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and other European countries. In addition to profiling the lives and works of literary figures, this Online Reference Work also contains extensive information on research publications. The volumes on the Middle Ages cover German-language literature from the 8th to the 15th centuries, and are systematically organized by genre and topic area.
The Online Reference Work, which contains some 70,000 articles, can be searched according to various criteria. With its focus on contemporary literature, this tool is an ideal complement to De Gruyter's Database of Authors, which is primarily focused on the Middle Ages and the early modern period.
Initially, the Online Reference Work contains 77 volumes. Two volumes will be added each year until the final volume of the series is published. Additionally, there will be approx. 5 supplementary volumes (one volume to be published and uploaded each year from 2018-2022).
The Online Reference Work will be updated and expanded on a continuous basis with bibliographic information from De Gruyter's Germanistik Online Database.
- Type of Publication:
- Scholars of Literary Studies