Deutsches Theater-Lexikon Online
Biographisches und bibliographisches Handbuch
[Encyclopaedia of German Theatre Online: Biographical and Bibliographic Handbook]
One-time purchase of all content.
- The only comprehensive bio-bibliographic encyclopaedia of the world of theatre in the German-speaking world
- Contains information on every aspect of the stage
- Search options include people, biographical information, professions and literature
- The online reference work’s non-restrictive DRM allows for an unlimited number of simultaneous users at each campus/institution.
Aims and Scope
This Online Reference Work brings together all of the volumes of the Deutsches Theater-Lexikon [Encyclopaedia of German Theatre] – the only comprehensive bio-bibliographic encyclopaedia of the world of theatre in German-speaking countries – as an online database. With more than 41,0000 entries it provides a host of information on every aspect of the stage and comprises meticulously researched contributions on actors, singers, directors, playwrights, theatre managers etc. In addition, it defines significant key words and organisational structures and portrays of outstanding playhouses and venues. It lists the premiere dates and venues for plays, operas and operettas; biographical information about artists; and chronological information of theatre professionals’ engagements. Each entry contains a bibliography of relevant secondary literature. The database offers advanced search functions, and comprises seven volumes and seven supplementary volumes.
FREE TRIAL ACCESS
Are you interested in this product? – Activate your trial for the Deutsches Theater-Lexikon Online.
For individual users:
Via Access Token: DTLO-20
Please see the How-to-Guide to activate your Access Token.
Please use the "request trial" button up on the right.
- Type of Publication:
- Theatre, stage, theatre professionals, theatre performance
- Theatre scholars, literary scholars, professionals in the field of theatre (journalists, playwrights, stage directors), cultural studies scholars
"mit seiner Ausführlichkeit und dem von Kosch entwickelten Programm unersetzlich" (W. Hinck: Aribtrium 1993.2)
"eine Fundgrube für vergessene Bühnenautoren und Komponisten des Musiktheaters" (W. Hinck: Aribtrium 1993.2)