Free Trial Access Available!
Are you an institutional customer? Sign up for a free IP trial for our databases. Just write an email to email@example.com including the following information: name of the institution, contact person, country, IP address, database(s).
- First comprehensive encyclopedia of biblical reception
- Available online and in print
- Interdisciplinary and international
- Contains Hebrew Bible/Old Testament, New Testament and historical contexts
- Spans biblical reception in Judaism, Christianity, Islam, and other religions
- Describes biblical influences on literature, visual arts, music, and film
- CHOICE Outstanding Academic Title 2010
- Non-restrictive DRM – allows for an unlimited number of simultaneous users campus / institution-wide
- Approx. 1.400 new articles per year
- User Guide available
Aims and Scope
The Encyclopedia of the Bible and Its Reception is the first-ever comprehensive reference work on the Bible and its reception, which covers biblical and religious topics as well as their reception in an array of religious, cultural and academic disciplines and fields.
Unprecedented in breadth and scope, its content is the result of an interdisciplinary approach. It transcends a purely theological perspective, to include fields ranging from classical, literary and religious studies to archaeology, music, visual arts and film.
In addition, the encyclopedia is interreligious (Judaism, Christianity, Islam and other religions, including new religious movements) from the aspect of both its content and its authors.
Edited by an international team of scholars, EBR’s authors (currently nearly 3,500) work in over 50 countries.
This ensures the international character of the entries and the up-to-date quality of the articles. The renowned editorial board is presided over by Christine Helmer, Thomas Römer, Steven Linn McKenzie, Jens Schröter, Barry Dov Walfish, and Eric Ziolkowski. The print edition of this encyclopedic database was the winner of the 2010 CHOICE Outstanding Academic Title award.
- Excellent resource for scholars in Biblical, Cultural, and Religious Studies and related fields
- A powerful search engine makes it easy to search the content
- Regular updates of the online edition provide ahead of print access to articles not yet available in print
- Non-restrictive DRM allows for an unlimited number of simultaneous users on campus or at an institution
Further information on „The Bible and Its Reception“.
For help and more information on our databases, please click here.
- Type of Publication:
Institutes, Libraries, Academics