Gemälde in Museen - Deutschland, Österreich, Schweiz Online
Katalog der ausgestellten und depotgelagerten Werke
[Paintings in Museums – Germany, Austria, Switzerland: Catalogue of Exhibited Works and Depository Holdings ]
One-time purchase of all content.
- Online Version (Purchase Option)
- Only inventory of 178,000 paintings in 645 museums in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Detailed information on paintings including year of origin, technique, format, theme, artist, museum
- A variety of combinable search criteria, e.g. painting title, classification (painting), date of origin, artist, and museum
- Creation of lists
- Link to Allgemeines Künstlerlexikon / Artists of the World (AKL) Online
- Non-restrictive DRM – allows for an unlimited number of simultaneous users campus / institution-wide
Aims and Scope
The online edition Paintings in Museums presents a systematic index of the entire holdings of works, both on display and in deposits, owned by 645 museums in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
A comprehensive and current catalogue for over 178,000 paintings, pastels, gouaches as well as mixed-media works from all ages, genres and styles of about 31,200 artists is therefore available to the user
The database contains three parts linked to each other:
- Paintings: descriptions (title, date of origin, format, classification, style, material and inventory number) of the paintings available in the museums.
- Artists: Names and short biographical information on the artists of whom paintings are described; many entries are linked to the database Allgemeines Künstlerlexikon Online / Artists of the World Online for a more detailed biographical description (separate subscription necessary).
- Museums: Addresses and contact information for all museums from which paintings are described.
Several search categories are available and can be combined with each other.
For more information and for search examples, please click through the PowerPoint presentation .
- DE GRUYTER SAUR
- Type of Publication: