Hitler. Quellen 1924-45 Online
RSA-Edition – Hitler-Prozess – Domarus-Edition
[Hitler – Sources Online]
One-time purchase of all content.
- The database contains nearly 9,000 pages of the three original print editions.
- Three key sources for Hitler research are now available in a single database that documents the full spectrum of Hitler’s world-view.
- Important features: the database can be searched by topic thanks to an integrated subject index; it is also searchable by date, place, name, and publication title.
- “What makes the present edition so significant is not least the fact that it documents a critical stage not only in the formation of Hitler’s own thinking but also in the transformation of the NSDAP into a Führer movement.” (Ian Kershaw in the Vierteljahrshefte für Zeitgeschichte, commenting on the IfZ edition of “Speeches, Writings, Proclamations”).
- User Guide available
- Non-restrictive DRM – allows for an unlimited number of simultaneous users campus / institution-wide
Aims and Scope
Hitler’s written legacy as contained in the database represents a unique source for studying Hitler’s world-view and his political ambitions. The most important resource for the database is the edition published by the Institute of Contemporary History (IFZ) titled “Hitler – Speeches, Writings, Proclamations” (1925–33). It focuses on Hitler’s speeches, by far the most effective propaganda tools for the National Socialist movement up to 1933. The edition is based on many years of research as well as a thorough evaluation of the news coverage of Hitler’s appearances as a speaker. In addition, the database contains the more than 1,700 documents from the Max Domarus edition (1932–1945) that first appeared in 1965. These documents are incorporated into a commentary that provides a chronology of events and historical background information as well as the author’s interpretations of Hitler’s political utterances. The source collection is supplemented by documentation of Hitler’s trial for high treason in 1924.
For help and more information on our databases, please click here.
- Type of Publication:
Historians of contemporary history and National Socialism; researchers in rhetoric