Free Trial Access Available!
Are you an institutional customer? Sign up for a free IP trial for our databases. Just write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following information: name of the institution, contact person, country, IP address, database(s).
Are you an individual customer? Test the database yourself and activate your 30 days of free online trial.
Your access token: IUPAC-database
Discover how to get access: degruyter.com/accesstoken
- Useful: IUPAC’s standards and recommendations easily discoverable
- Comprehensive: standard values and procedures, nomenclature, terminology and symbols in chemistry, properties of elements
- Smart: topical structure, advanced search, cross-linked entries
- Interactive Periodic Table enables to extract element-specific information
- Non-restrictive DRM – allows for an unlimited number of simultaneous users campus / institution-wide
Aims and Scope
Watch our YouTube video.
IUPAC Standards Online is a database built from IUPAC’s standards and recommendations, which are extracted from the journal Pure and Applied Chemistry (PAC). The International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) is the organization responsible for setting the standards in chemistry that are internationally binding for scientists in industry and academia, patent lawyers, toxicologists, environmental scientists, legislation, etc. “Standards” are definitions of terms, standard values, procedures, rules for naming compounds and materials, names and properties of elements in the periodic table, and many more. The database will be the only product that provides for the quick and easy search and retrieval of IUPAC’s standards and recommendations which until now have remained unsorted within the huge Pure and Applied Chemistry archive.
For the current issue of Pure and Applied Chemistry please click here.
- Analytical Chemistry
- Chemical Safety
- Data Management
- Environmental Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Nomenclature and Terminology
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Theoretical & Computational Chemistry
- Type of Publication:
- IUPAC, standards, recommendation, norms, terminology, nomenclature, technical methods, technical reports, elements, molecules, analytical methods, chemistry, materials sciences, chemical engineering.
Chemists, Chemical Engineers, Pharmacists, Toxicologists, Materials Scientists, Environmental Scientists, Biologists, Patent Lawyers, Institutes, Libraries, Companies in Chemical Industry, Scientific Foundations …