Encyclopedia of Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Materials Science and Physics
One-time purchase of base content (RRP), subsequently annual update fee for new content
- Living texts: Spark is the first collection of authoritative texts to be updated continuously by the authors and enhanced with new articles in regular updates.
- Interdisciplinary topics: A vast variety of foundational and advanced topics in Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Materials Science and Physics.
- Accessibility: More than 1,000 articles equivalent to more than 22,000 print pages are searchable and accessible via keywords, a topical structure, and cross-links. Special content such as figures and related exercises can be searched for separately.
Aims and Scope
Spark offers up-to-date introductions and overviews covering the Physical Sciences. It includes books of the De Gruyter series Graduate and STEM in Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Materials Science and Physics. The topics are discussed on a level accessible to graduate students, connecting them to the forefront of research.
As a unique feature, the material included is kept up-to-date by the authors – more than 100 at the moment – and is expanding to include new topics continuously. An extensive subject tree allows for quick access and an elaborate search function makes full-text search and filtering (e.g. for exercises) easy.
The topics covered include:
- Functional and Smart Materials
- Sustainable and Green Chemistry
- Biochemical Engineering & Biotechnology
- Condensed Matter Physics
Further, foundations and tools useful for all scientists complement the scientific topics:
- Numerics & Programming
- Safety and Risk Management
- Data Processing & Analytics
- Type of Publication:
- Chemists, Chemical Engineers, Materials Scientists, Physicists, Electrical Engineers