Die Tagebücher von Joseph Goebbels Online
[The Diaries of Joseph Goebbels]
One-time purchase of all content.
- The more than 6,000 diary entries by Joseph Goebbels (approx. 16,800 pages) form an outstanding contemporary source for the years 1923 to 1945.
- For the first time the diaries can be searched electronically based on a subject index.
- Further features: search by date, place and name.
- “A once-in-a-century record of the failure of German idealism and of the triumph of an ideologically based contempt for mankind.” (Elke Fröhlich)
- Non-restrictive DRM – allows for an unlimited number of simultaneous users campus / institution-wide
Aims and Scope
The database The Diaries of Joseph Goebbels Online contains transcriptions of all handwritten documents from 1923 to July 1941, as well as subsequent writings that were dictated up to 1945.This edition, issued by the Institut für Zeitgeschichte, is based on the reproduction of the entire diaries on glass microfiches – commissioned by Goebbels himself – that was discovered by Elke Fröhlich in the former special archive in Moscow. For the first time, the database gives researchers the chance to access the diaries of Joseph Goebbels electronically using the valuable subject index that until now was available in print only.
- Type of Publication:
Libraries, Research Institutes, Scholars of Political Sciences, Media Studies, Cultural Sciences and Contemporary History