"Addiction Genetics" is closed for submissions effective March 9, 2016. All authors are therefore invited to submit manuscripts at http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/med
The goal of the journal is to be a herald in the field of addiction genetics including genetic findings in animal models and humans, epigenetic or pharmaco-genetics or genetic-based treatment.
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
Addiction Genetics (AG) covers a wide range of issues that are of contemporary interest to research, bio-industrial, marketing groups, government bodies and even the general public. The Open Access model allows ready access to its target audience and the peer-review system together with the outstanding scientists of the Advisory Board, ensures that quality is maintained throughout.
To attract many exciting scientific findings in diverse areas, the journal offers fast and comprehensive peer-review. It has prominent scholars in its Advisory Board who actively engages in the promotion of AG and establish opportunities to integrate with the latest results being disseminated at conferences around the globe. AG is used as a resource by diverse interest groups of high reputation and distinction.
- DE GRUYTER OPEN
- Emerging Science
- Type of Publication:
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via online submission system Editorial Manager available for this journal at http://addgen.edmgr.com/ . In case of problems, please contact the Journal Editor at email@example.com.
Authors are suggested to follow Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals from the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE).
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium;
- focus on the aims and scope of the journal;
- be clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a scientific publication that is easy to understand for the target audience;
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper;
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal accepts the following publication formats:
- Research Articles
- Communications and Rapid Communications
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews
- Letters to the Editor and Amendments
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in the journal, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by)
- full title of article and short title
- full list of authors with affiliations
- e-mail of the corresponding author
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author
- number of attached files, if there is more than one
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted)
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted if the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
Conflict of interest declaration
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors are encouraged to fill in the ICMJE Conflicts of Interest Form (available here) and send it in the electronic format to the Journal Editor.
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the journal webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
- Text files can be submitted in the following formats: MS Word - standard DOCUMENT (.DOC) or RICH TEXT FORMAT (.RTF); PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below)
- Tables should be submitted as MS Word or PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below). Please note that a straight Excel file is not an acceptable format
- Graphics files can be submitted in any of the following graphic formats: EPS; BMP; JPG; TIFF; GIF or PDF. Please note that Powerpoint files are not accepted
Post acceptance, text files of the revised manuscript and tables are required for use in the production.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors.
Abstracting & Indexing
Addiction Genetics is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Meta (formerly Sciencescape)
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Polish Scientific Journals Database
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Rajendra D Badgaiyan, University of Minnesota, USA
Kenneth Blum, University of Florida, USA
Editorial Advisory Board
Ja-Hyun Baik, Korea University, South Korea
John Crabbe, Oregon Health & Science University and Portland VA Medical Center, USA
Sergi Ferré, National Institute on Drug Abuse (IRP, NIH), USA
David Goldman, NIAAA, USA
Su Guo, UC San Francisco, USA
Kazutaka Ikeda, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, Japan
Hyoung-Chun Kim, Kangwon National University, South Korea
Sung-Gon Kim, Pusan National University, South Korea
Ting-Kai Li, Duke University School of Medicine, USA
Eric Nestler, Mount Sinai Medical Center, USA
Ronald See, Medical University of South Carolina, USA
Ichiro Sora, Tohoku University, Japan
George Uhl, National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), USA
DE GRUYTER OPEN
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
Rajendra D Badgaiyan