The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy
Editor-in-Chief: Jürges, Hendrik / Ludwig, Sandra
Ed. by Auriol, Emmanuelle / Brunner, Johann / Fleck, Robert / Mastrobuoni, Giovanni / Mendola, Mariapia / Requate, Till / de Vries, Frans / Zulehner, Christine
4 Issues per year
IMPACT FACTOR 2017: 0.306
5-year IMPACT FACTOR: 0.492
CiteScore 2017: 0.50
SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) 2017: 0.414
Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2017: 0.531
Free Trial Access Available!
Register with De Gruyter Online and get access to this and other selected journals. Simply register with De Gruyter Online, log in and go to your personal user account "My De Gruyter". Please enter your access token FREE-ACCESS into the field provided. Once you have redeemed your token, you will be able to access the free content via the respective journal page.
- Quick publication of cutting-edge research
- Practical implications for public policies
- Empirical work and applied theory
- High quality peer-review
Aims and Scope
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy (BEJEAP) welcomes submissions that employ microeconomics to analyze issues in organizational economics, consumer behavior, and public policy. Articles submitted to BEJEAP can come in two formats: research papers and letters. Authors should bring to their analysis whatever microeconomic theoretical, experimental or econometric tools are helpful. We publish both empirical work and applied theory (though not more abstract forms of applied theory), and our aim is to disseminate papers that have practical implications for public policy, organizational or individual decision making.
- Design of organizations and institutions
- Industrial organization
- Labor economics
- Public finance
- Economics of education, health, family, development, law, or the environment
- Effects of domestic and international policy
Research Papers, Letters
- Type of Publication:
- researchers in the field of economic analysis and policy
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
You can easily submit your manuscript online. Simply go to http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/dgbejeap and you will be guided through the whole peer-reviewing and publishing process.
Your benefits of publishing with us
- Rapid online publication ahead-of-print with short turnaround times
- High quality manuscript processing through ScholarOne Manuscripts®
- Optional open access publication
- Accepted papers will be published online first as DOI-citable, forward-linked articles for quickest possible visibility for the scientific community
- Every article easily discoverable because of SEO and comprehensive abstracting and indexing services
- Convenient citation tracking via e-mail alert
- Secure archiving by De Gruyter and the independent archiving service Portico
- Professional sales and marketing support
- Submission of your paper via our submission management tool
- Peer review process (you will be guided through every step)
- Fast decision on your paper
- If accepted: you have the option to publish it open access
In the interest of a fast track from submission to publication, there will be no major revision rounds for letters. BEJEAP will either accept manuscripts (subject to editorial revisions), invite minor revisions, or reject manuscripts without a detailed referee report. Submitted letters should hence be ready for publication if accepted for publication by the editors.
- Manuscripts must be written in clear and concise English
- Before submitting your article please have a look at our Information for Authors and copyright agreement
- Once your article is accepted you have the option to publish it open access
- Our repository policy allows you to distribute 30 PDF copies of your published article to colleagues (the PDF has to include the information that it is an author's copy). Please also feel free to distribute the link to the online abstract.
- If you have any general questions please visit our FAQ page for authors
We look forward to receiving your manuscript!
Content available since 2001 (Volume 1, Issue 1)
Rights & Permissions
Author wishes to include own article in an institutional repository or place own article on a departmental/personal website.
The author's institute can offer access to the authors’ final, accepted manuscript version of an article from its repository website. Likewise, authors are allowed to post their final, accepted manuscript version on their own personal or laboratory website. In both cases an embargo period of 12 months after online publication in the journal applies. Unless expressly permitted, authors may not post the publisher's version on their own website. However, it is possible to place a link to the published article PDF for purchase.
This permission is restricted to non-commercial institutions only; for the conditions regarding article placement on corporate websites, please contact email@example.com.
Inclusion of articles in a general repository
General repositories may include the abstract of the article in the repository and place a link to the publisher's version of the article for purchase.
NIH-funded authors: WdG acknowledges that the author of an NIH-funded article retains the right to provide a copy of the final, accepted manuscript document to NIH for archiving in PubMed Central 12 months after online publication in the journal. Note that only the accepted author’s version of the manuscript, not the PDF file of the published article, may be used for NIH archiving.
Institutional repository wishes to include articles which do not exist in electronic format
WdG allows institutional repositories to include a scanned version of their authors' journal articles as published in printed form. We request a link be placed to the journal’s homepage (http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/bejeap).
Author wishes to send electronic offprints (PDFs) to colleagues
Authors will receive an offprint of the publisher’s article version as PDF-document. Authors may send up to 30 copies of the PDF document as electronic offprint to colleagues. Any other form of distribution of the electronic offprint file requires written permission from the publisher.
Abstracting & Indexing
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy is covered by the following services:
- Academic Journal Guide
- Baidu Scholar
- Cabell's Directory
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- ERIH PLUS (European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- IBR (International Bibliography of Reviews of Scholarly Literature in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- IBZ (International Bibliography of Periodical Literature in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- ICAP Alcohol Information Databases
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (ProQuest)
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Microsoft Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- SCImago (SJR)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- Web of Science - Current Contents/Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Web of Science - Social Sciences Citation Index
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Hendrik Juerges, University of Wuppertal
Sandra Ludwig, Ulm University
Emmanuelle Auriol, Toulouse University
Johann K. Brunner, University of Linz
Robert Fleck, Clemson University
Giovanni Mastrobuoni, Collegio Carlo Alberto, University of Turin
Mariapia Mendola, University of Milano-Bicocca
Till Requate, Kiel University
Frans de Vries, University of Stirling Management School
Christine Zulehner, University of Frankfurt