The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy
Editor-in-Chief: Jürges, Hendrik / Ludwig, Sandra
Ed. by Brunner, Johann / Fleck, Robert / Mendola, Mariapia / Requate, Till / Schirle, Tammy / de Vries, Frans / Zulehner, Christine
4 Issues per year
IMPACT FACTOR 2017: 0.306
5-year IMPACT FACTOR: 0.492
CiteScore 2017: 0.50
SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) 2017: 0.414
Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2017: 0.531
- Most Downloaded Articles
Most Downloaded Articles
- The Inheritance of Educational Inequality: International Comparisons and Fifty-Year Trends by Hertz, Tom/ Jayasundera, Tamara/ Piraino, Patrizio/ Selcuk, Sibel/ Smith, Nicole and Verashchagina, Alina
- IQ and Family Background: Are Associations Strong or Weak? by Björklund, Anders/ Hederos Eriksson, Karin and Jäntti, Markus
- Mental Health and Academic Success in College by Eisenberg, Daniel/ Golberstein, Ezra and Hunt, Justin B
- Racial and Economic Factors in Attitudes to Immigration by Dustmann, Christian and Preston, Ian P
- Economic Decision-Making in Poverty Depletes Behavioral Control by Spears, Dean
- Corporate Social Responsibility for Irresponsibility by Kotchen, Matthew and Moon, Jon J.
- Do Rising Top Income Shares Affect the Incomes or Earnings of Low and Middle-Income Families? by Thompson, Jeffrey P. and Leight, Elias
- The Causal Effect of Studying on Academic Performance by Stinebrickner, Ralph and Stinebrickner, Todd R.
- Identifying Terrorists using Banking Data by Levitt, Steven D.
- The Evolution of Household Income Volatility by Dynan, Karen/ Elmendorf, Douglas and Sichel, Daniel
- Starting School at Four: The Effect of Universal Pre-Kindergarten on Children's Academic Achievement by Fitzpatrick, Maria D
- Before and After: Gender Transitions, Human Capital, and Workplace Experiences by Schilt, Kristen and Wiswall, Matthew
- Environmental Policy as Social Policy? The Impact of Childhood Lead Exposure on Crime by Reyes, Jessica Wolpaw
- Therapeutic Equivalence and the Generic Competition Paradox by Nabin, Munirul Haque/ Mohan, Vijay/ Nicholas, Aaron and Sgro, Pasquale M.
- The Impact of Voluntary Youth Service on Future Outcomes: Evidence from Teach For America by Dobbie, Will and Fryer, Jr., Roland G.
- Resources for Sale: Corruption, Democracy and the Natural Resource Curse by Bulte, Erwin and Damania, Richard
Volume 16 (2016)
Volume 15 (2015)
Volume 14 (2014)
Volume 12 (2012)
Volume 11 (2011)
Volume 9 (2009)
Volume 6 (2006)
Volume 4 (2004)
Volume 2 (2002)
Volume 1 (2001)
- Regional Integration, Subsidy Competition and the Relocation Choice of MNCs
- Academic Journal Prices in a Digital Age: A Two-Sided Market Model
- A Model of Dysfunctional Urges and Addiction with an Application to Cigarette Smoking
- Gasoline Price Differences: Taxes, Pollution Regulations, Mergers, Market Power, and Market Conditions
- Disability Testing and Retirement
- The Short and Long Run Effects of Daylight Saving Time on Fatal Automobile Crashes
- The Effect of Smoking Bans on Bars and Restaurants: An Analysis of Changes in Employment
- Market Power Effects on Market Equilibrium in Ambient Permit Markets
- The Optimal Consumption and the Quitting of Harmful Addictive Goods
- The Pro-collusive Effect of Increasing the Repose Period for Price Fixing Agreements
- Does It Pay To Pray? Costly Ritual and Cooperation
- Vaccination Externalities
- Animal House: Economics of Pets and the Household
- The Informational Value of Affirmative Action in College Admissions
- Optimal Contracts for Health Services in the Presence of Waiting Times and Asymmetric Information
- Does Investment Promotion Work?
- Optimal Prevention when Informal Penalties Matter: The Case of Medical Errors
- Atkinson-Stiglitz Theorem with Endogenous Human Capital Accumulation
- Does the Minimum Wage Cause Inefficient Rationing?
- The Unpleasant Effects of Price Deregulation in the European Third-Party Motor Insurance Market: A Theoretical Framework
- Environmental Policy as Social Policy? The Impact of Childhood Lead Exposure on Crime
- Visa Screening and Collateral Import of Terrorism
- Are There Treatment Duration Differences in the Seattle and Denver Income Maintenance Experiments?
- Optimal Origin-based Commodity Taxation in a Small Open Economy
- Consumer Food Safety Risk Perceptions and Attitudes: Impacts on Beef Consumption across Countries
- State Graduation Requirements, High School Course Taking, and Choosing a Technical College Major
- The Marginal Propensity to Spend on Adult Children
- Entry Deterrence in a Duopoly Market
- Energy Taxes in Three Political Economy Models
- Foreign Direct Investment, Endogenous Tariffs, and Preferential Trade Agreements
- Detecting Information Pooling: Evidence from Earnings Forecasts after Brokerage Mergers
- Gender Specialization of Skill Acquisition
- Racial and Economic Factors in Attitudes to Immigration
- The Katrina Effect: Was There a Bright Side to the Evacuation of Greater New Orleans?
- The Timing of Prenatal WIC Participation
- The Role of Distance in Gravity Regressions: Is There Really a Missing Globalisation Puzzle?
- Resource Allocation with Spatial Externalities: Experiments on Land Consolidation
- How Standards Drive Taxes: The Political Economy of Tailpipe Pollution
- The Transactions Demand for Credit Cards
- Endogenous Corruption in a Federation
- Cost Effectiveness of R&D and Strategic Trade Policy
- Capital Structure and Entry Deterrence with Multiple Incumbents
- Emigration and Brain Drain: Evidence from the Caribbean
- Alcohol Control Policies and Youth Alcohol Consumption: Evidence from 28 Years of Monitoring the Future
- Can Stricter Environmental Regulations Increase Export of the Polluting Good?
- Human Capital and Welfare Dynamics in Canada
- Do Environmental Regulations Cost Jobs? An Industry-Level Analysis of the UK
- Understanding the Internet's Relevance to Media Ownership Policy: A Model of Too Many Choices
- The Pollution Haven Paradox: Can an Effluent Tax Improve both Profits and Welfare?
- Life Is Cheap: Using Mortality Bonds to Hedge Aggregate Mortality Risk
- The Impact of Reputation Timing and Source on Auction Outcomes
- Family Expenditures on Child Care
- Financial Aid and Student Bargaining Power
- The Ghost of Corruption
- Ideology, Inequality and Inequitable Trade Policies
- The 1990 Clean Air Act and the Implicit Price of Sulfur in Coal
- Coordination Failure in Foreign Aid
- Trade and Development in a Labor Surplus Economy
- Strategic Use of Copyright Protection to Deter Entry
- Does Increased Abortion Lead to Lower Crime? Evaluating the Relationship between Crime, Abortion, and Fertility
- Economic Geography and the Effect of Environmental Pollution on Agglomeration
- Bank Fragility and Growth Expectations
- Firm Regulation and Profit Sharing: A Real Option Approach
- Understanding Participation in Social Programs: Why Don't Households Pick up the Lifeline?
- Cross-Border Shopping and the Sales Tax: An Examination of Food Purchases in West Virginia
Intuitively, extending the period of repose for price fixing agreements enhances the effectiveness of competition policy enforcement. This paper proves this intuition wrong. As extending the repose period reduces cartel members' defection payoff while it leaves unaltered expected compliance profits, it induces cartels to be more stable internally.