The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy
Editor-in-Chief: Jürges, Hendrik / Ludwig, Sandra
Ed. by Auriol , Emmanuelle / Brunner, Johann / Fleck, Robert / Mendola, Mariapia / Requate, Till / Schirle, Tammy / de Vries, Frans / Zulehner, Christine
4 Issues per year
IMPACT FACTOR 2016: 0.252
5-year IMPACT FACTOR: 0.755
CiteScore 2016: 0.48
SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) 2016: 0.330
Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2016: 0.526
- Most Downloaded Articles
Most Downloaded Articles
- The Inheritance of Educational Inequality: International Comparisons and Fifty-Year Trends by Hertz, Tom/ Jayasundera, Tamara/ Piraino, Patrizio/ Selcuk, Sibel/ Smith, Nicole and Verashchagina, Alina
- IQ and Family Background: Are Associations Strong or Weak? by Björklund, Anders/ Hederos Eriksson, Karin and Jäntti, Markus
- Mental Health and Academic Success in College by Eisenberg, Daniel/ Golberstein, Ezra and Hunt, Justin B
- Economic Decision-Making in Poverty Depletes Behavioral Control by Spears, Dean
- Racial and Economic Factors in Attitudes to Immigration by Dustmann, Christian and Preston, Ian P
- Do Rising Top Income Shares Affect the Incomes or Earnings of Low and Middle-Income Families? by Thompson, Jeffrey P. and Leight, Elias
- Therapeutic Equivalence and the Generic Competition Paradox by Nabin, Munirul Haque/ Mohan, Vijay/ Nicholas, Aaron and Sgro, Pasquale M.
- Corporate Social Responsibility for Irresponsibility by Kotchen, Matthew and Moon, Jon J.
- The Causal Effect of Studying on Academic Performance by Stinebrickner, Ralph and Stinebrickner, Todd R.
- Before and After: Gender Transitions, Human Capital, and Workplace Experiences by Schilt, Kristen and Wiswall, Matthew
- The Impact of Voluntary Youth Service on Future Outcomes: Evidence from Teach For America by Dobbie, Will and Fryer, Jr., Roland G.
- The Evolution of Household Income Volatility by Dynan, Karen/ Elmendorf, Douglas and Sichel, Daniel
- Environmental Policy as Social Policy? The Impact of Childhood Lead Exposure on Crime by Reyes, Jessica Wolpaw
- Are You Paying Your Employees to Cheat? An Experimental Investigation by Cadsby, C. Bram/ Song, Fei and Tapon, Francis
- Turf and Illegal Drug Market Competition between Gangs by Naranjo, Alberto J.
- What Do We Know About Cross-subsidization? Evidence from Merging Firms by Chevalier, Judith
- Starting School at Four: The Effect of Universal Pre-Kindergarten on Children's Academic Achievement by Fitzpatrick, Maria D
Volume 16 (2016)
Volume 15 (2015)
Volume 14 (2014)
Volume 12 (2012)
Volume 11 (2011)
Volume 9 (2009)
Volume 6 (2006)
Volume 4 (2004)
Volume 2 (2002)
Volume 1 (2001)
- Does One Charitable Contribution Come at the Expense of Another?
- Racial Disparities in Credit Constraints in the Great Recession: Evidence from the UK
- The Progressivity of Social Security
- Bertrand Competition in Markets with Network Effects and Switching Costs
- Demanding Customers: Consumerist Patients and Quality of Care
- The Impact of Class Size on Outcomes in Higher Education
- Estimating Dynamic Income Responses to Tax Reform
- Economic Decision-Making in Poverty Depletes Behavioral Control
- Are Entry Threats Always Credible?
- Why Don't Taxpayers Maximize their Tax-Based Student Aid? Salience and Inertia in Program Selection
- Medicaid and Ethnic Networks
- The Influence of Firms on Government
- Do Rising Top Incomes Lift All Boats?
- Income Distribution, Search and Market Efficiency
- Free Trade, Autarky and the Sustainability of an International Environmental Agreement
- Sourcing Premia with Incomplete Contracts: Theory and Evidence
- Electoral Endorsements and Campaign Contributions
- Competition and Performance in the Marketplace for Religion: A Theoretical Perspective
- Unitization of Spatially Connected Renewable Resources
- Market Provision of Program Quality in the Television Broadcasting Industry
- Being The New York Times: the Political Behaviour of a Newspaper
- The Market Crash and Mass Layoffs: How the Current Economic Crisis May Affect Retirement
- Comparative Advantage and Skill-Specific Unemployment
- The Labor Supply Consequences of Employment-Limiting Social Insurance Benefits: New Tests for Income Effects
- Rent Control Rationing and Community Composition: Evidence from Massachusetts
- Ordering Renewable Resources: Groundwater, Recycling, and Desalination
- The Wage Impact of Immigration in Germany - New Evidence for Skill Groups and Occupations
- Linking Policy to Statistical Uncertainty in Air Pollution Damages
- A Deadly Disparity: A Unified Assessment of the Black-White Infant Mortality Gap
- Immigration, Family Responsibilities and the Labor Supply of Skilled Native Women
- Distress in the Financial Sector and Economic Activity
- Fiscal Reforms in General Equilibrium: Theory and an Application to the Subsidy Debate in Iran
- Technology Licensing by Advertising Supported Media Platforms: An Application to Internet Search Engines
- Does a Minimum Quality Standard Always Reduce the Price of High Quality Products?
- Private Schools and Residential Choices: Accessibility, Mobility, and Welfare
- Probabilistic Heterogeneous Patent Protection and Innovation Incentives
- Anticommons and Optimal Patent Policy in a Model of Sequential Innovation
- An Economic Analysis of Participation and Time Spent in Physical Activity
- The Fragility of Estimated Effects of Unilateral Divorce Laws on Divorce Rates
- When Does Institutional Investor Activism Increase Shareholder Value?: The Carbon Disclosure Project
- Behavioral Response to Stock Abundance in Exploiting Common-Pool Resources
- Group Decision-Making and Voting in Ultimatum Bargaining: An Experimental Study
- Booms, Busts, and Divorce
- Product Market Competition and Investments in Cooperative R&D
- Oligopoly on a Salop Circle with Centre
- Can Rising Inequality Explain Aggregate Trends in Marriage? Evidence from U.S. States, 1977-2005
- On the Importance of the Tax System in Marginal Cost of Funds Calculations
- Job Search, Conditional Treatment and Recidivism: The Employment Services for Ex-Offenders Program Reconsidered
- Will Border Carbon Adjustments Work?
- Determinants of the Differences in the Downstream Vertical Integration and Efficiency Implications in Agricultural Cooperatives
- Tax Policy to Reduce Carbon Emissions in a Distorted Economy: Illustrations from a South Africa CGE Model
- Training and Turnover with Equilibrium Unemployment
- Advertising Versus Sales in Demand Creation
- Competition and Welfare Effects of VAT Exemptions
- Factor Demand Analysis for Ethanol in the U.S. Refinery Industry
- Small Fish Become Big Fish: Mergers in Stackelberg Markets Revisited
- French Automobiles and the Chinese Boycotts of 2008: Politics Really Does Affect Commerce
- A Tail-Payoff Puzzle in Dynamic Pollution Control
- Men in Transit and Prostitution: Using Political Conventions as a Natural Experiment
- Identifying In-Group and Out-Group Effects in the Trust Game
- Does Product Market Competition Increase Credit Availability?
- Growth and Innovation Policy in a Small, Open Economy: Should You Stimulate Domestic R&D or Exports?
- Public Policies, Women's Employment after Childbearing, and Child Well-Being
- Decomposing the Relationship between Macroeconomic Conditions and Fatal Car Crashes during the Great Recession: Alcohol- and Non-Alcohol-Related Accidents
- The Effect of Minimum Academic Requirements to Participate in Sports on High School Graduation
- Exclusive Contracts under Financial Constraints
- The Impact of Antitrust Fines on the Formation of Collusive Cartels
- The Happiness of Single Mothers after Welfare Reform
- Labor Market Effects of the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill
- How Do Editors Select Papers, and How Good are They at Doing It?
- Overestimating the Effect of Complementarity on Skill Demand
- Natural Disasters and Vulnerability: Evidence from the 1997 Forest Fires in Indonesia
- Measuring the Impact of Anti-SLAPP Legislation on Monitoring and Enforcement
- Ambiguity Aversion and Portfolio Choice in Small-Scale Peruvian Farming
- Medicaid and Wealth: A Re-Examination
- Empirical Analyses of U.S. Congressional Voting on Recent FTA
- The Economics of the Long Tail
This paper constructs a model of anticompetitive exclusive dealing in the presence of financial constraints. Because of the presence of these constraints, the incumbent cannot remain in business if a deviant buyer appears. We argue that the existence of financial constraints eliminates the buyer's profit in deviating from exclusive contracts. As a result, when compared with previous studies, the possibility of exclusion increases. That is, exclusion arises, even when buyers compete less intensively.