The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy
Editor-in-Chief: Jürges, Hendrik / Ludwig, Sandra
Ed. by Auriol , Emmanuelle / Brunner, Johann / Fleck, Robert / Mendola, Mariapia / Requate, Till / Schirle, Tammy / de Vries, Frans / Zulehner, Christine
4 Issues per year
IMPACT FACTOR 2016: 0.252
5-year IMPACT FACTOR: 0.755
CiteScore 2016: 0.48
SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) 2016: 0.330
Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2016: 0.526
- Most Downloaded Articles
Most Downloaded Articles
- The Inheritance of Educational Inequality: International Comparisons and Fifty-Year Trends by Hertz, Tom/ Jayasundera, Tamara/ Piraino, Patrizio/ Selcuk, Sibel/ Smith, Nicole and Verashchagina, Alina
- IQ and Family Background: Are Associations Strong or Weak? by Björklund, Anders/ Hederos Eriksson, Karin and Jäntti, Markus
- Mental Health and Academic Success in College by Eisenberg, Daniel/ Golberstein, Ezra and Hunt, Justin B
- Economic Decision-Making in Poverty Depletes Behavioral Control by Spears, Dean
- Racial and Economic Factors in Attitudes to Immigration by Dustmann, Christian and Preston, Ian P
- Do Rising Top Income Shares Affect the Incomes or Earnings of Low and Middle-Income Families? by Thompson, Jeffrey P. and Leight, Elias
- Corporate Social Responsibility for Irresponsibility by Kotchen, Matthew and Moon, Jon J.
- Therapeutic Equivalence and the Generic Competition Paradox by Nabin, Munirul Haque/ Mohan, Vijay/ Nicholas, Aaron and Sgro, Pasquale M.
- The Causal Effect of Studying on Academic Performance by Stinebrickner, Ralph and Stinebrickner, Todd R.
- Before and After: Gender Transitions, Human Capital, and Workplace Experiences by Schilt, Kristen and Wiswall, Matthew
- The Evolution of Household Income Volatility by Dynan, Karen/ Elmendorf, Douglas and Sichel, Daniel
- The Impact of Voluntary Youth Service on Future Outcomes: Evidence from Teach For America by Dobbie, Will and Fryer, Jr., Roland G.
- Environmental Policy as Social Policy? The Impact of Childhood Lead Exposure on Crime by Reyes, Jessica Wolpaw
- Are You Paying Your Employees to Cheat? An Experimental Investigation by Cadsby, C. Bram/ Song, Fei and Tapon, Francis
- Turf and Illegal Drug Market Competition between Gangs by Naranjo, Alberto J.
- What Do We Know About Cross-subsidization? Evidence from Merging Firms by Chevalier, Judith
- Starting School at Four: The Effect of Universal Pre-Kindergarten on Children's Academic Achievement by Fitzpatrick, Maria D
Volume 16 (2016)
Volume 15 (2015)
Volume 14 (2014)
Volume 12 (2012)
Volume 11 (2011)
Volume 9 (2009)
Volume 6 (2006)
Volume 4 (2004)
Volume 2 (2002)
Volume 1 (2001)
- Does One Charitable Contribution Come at the Expense of Another?
- Racial Disparities in Credit Constraints in the Great Recession: Evidence from the UK
- The Progressivity of Social Security
- Bertrand Competition in Markets with Network Effects and Switching Costs
- Demanding Customers: Consumerist Patients and Quality of Care
- The Impact of Class Size on Outcomes in Higher Education
- Estimating Dynamic Income Responses to Tax Reform
- Economic Decision-Making in Poverty Depletes Behavioral Control
- Are Entry Threats Always Credible?
- Why Don't Taxpayers Maximize their Tax-Based Student Aid? Salience and Inertia in Program Selection
- Medicaid and Ethnic Networks
- The Influence of Firms on Government
- Do Rising Top Incomes Lift All Boats?
- Income Distribution, Search and Market Efficiency
- Free Trade, Autarky and the Sustainability of an International Environmental Agreement
- Sourcing Premia with Incomplete Contracts: Theory and Evidence
- Electoral Endorsements and Campaign Contributions
- Competition and Performance in the Marketplace for Religion: A Theoretical Perspective
- Unitization of Spatially Connected Renewable Resources
- Market Provision of Program Quality in the Television Broadcasting Industry
- Being The New York Times: the Political Behaviour of a Newspaper
- The Market Crash and Mass Layoffs: How the Current Economic Crisis May Affect Retirement
- Comparative Advantage and Skill-Specific Unemployment
- The Labor Supply Consequences of Employment-Limiting Social Insurance Benefits: New Tests for Income Effects
- Rent Control Rationing and Community Composition: Evidence from Massachusetts
- Ordering Renewable Resources: Groundwater, Recycling, and Desalination
- The Wage Impact of Immigration in Germany - New Evidence for Skill Groups and Occupations
- Linking Policy to Statistical Uncertainty in Air Pollution Damages
- A Deadly Disparity: A Unified Assessment of the Black-White Infant Mortality Gap
- Immigration, Family Responsibilities and the Labor Supply of Skilled Native Women
- Distress in the Financial Sector and Economic Activity
- Fiscal Reforms in General Equilibrium: Theory and an Application to the Subsidy Debate in Iran
- Technology Licensing by Advertising Supported Media Platforms: An Application to Internet Search Engines
- Does a Minimum Quality Standard Always Reduce the Price of High Quality Products?
- Private Schools and Residential Choices: Accessibility, Mobility, and Welfare
- Probabilistic Heterogeneous Patent Protection and Innovation Incentives
- Anticommons and Optimal Patent Policy in a Model of Sequential Innovation
- An Economic Analysis of Participation and Time Spent in Physical Activity
- The Fragility of Estimated Effects of Unilateral Divorce Laws on Divorce Rates
- When Does Institutional Investor Activism Increase Shareholder Value?: The Carbon Disclosure Project
- Behavioral Response to Stock Abundance in Exploiting Common-Pool Resources
- Group Decision-Making and Voting in Ultimatum Bargaining: An Experimental Study
- Booms, Busts, and Divorce
- Product Market Competition and Investments in Cooperative R&D
- Oligopoly on a Salop Circle with Centre
- Can Rising Inequality Explain Aggregate Trends in Marriage? Evidence from U.S. States, 1977-2005
- On the Importance of the Tax System in Marginal Cost of Funds Calculations
- Job Search, Conditional Treatment and Recidivism: The Employment Services for Ex-Offenders Program Reconsidered
- Will Border Carbon Adjustments Work?
- Determinants of the Differences in the Downstream Vertical Integration and Efficiency Implications in Agricultural Cooperatives
- Tax Policy to Reduce Carbon Emissions in a Distorted Economy: Illustrations from a South Africa CGE Model
- Training and Turnover with Equilibrium Unemployment
- Advertising Versus Sales in Demand Creation
- Competition and Welfare Effects of VAT Exemptions
- Factor Demand Analysis for Ethanol in the U.S. Refinery Industry
- Small Fish Become Big Fish: Mergers in Stackelberg Markets Revisited
- French Automobiles and the Chinese Boycotts of 2008: Politics Really Does Affect Commerce
- A Tail-Payoff Puzzle in Dynamic Pollution Control
- Men in Transit and Prostitution: Using Political Conventions as a Natural Experiment
- Identifying In-Group and Out-Group Effects in the Trust Game
- Does Product Market Competition Increase Credit Availability?
- Growth and Innovation Policy in a Small, Open Economy: Should You Stimulate Domestic R&D or Exports?
- Public Policies, Women's Employment after Childbearing, and Child Well-Being
- Decomposing the Relationship between Macroeconomic Conditions and Fatal Car Crashes during the Great Recession: Alcohol- and Non-Alcohol-Related Accidents
- The Effect of Minimum Academic Requirements to Participate in Sports on High School Graduation
- Exclusive Contracts under Financial Constraints
- The Impact of Antitrust Fines on the Formation of Collusive Cartels
- The Happiness of Single Mothers after Welfare Reform
- Labor Market Effects of the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill
- How Do Editors Select Papers, and How Good are They at Doing It?
- Overestimating the Effect of Complementarity on Skill Demand
- Natural Disasters and Vulnerability: Evidence from the 1997 Forest Fires in Indonesia
- Measuring the Impact of Anti-SLAPP Legislation on Monitoring and Enforcement
- Ambiguity Aversion and Portfolio Choice in Small-Scale Peruvian Farming
- Medicaid and Wealth: A Re-Examination
- Empirical Analyses of U.S. Congressional Voting on Recent FTA
- The Economics of the Long Tail
Does Product Market Competition Increase Credit Availability?
With asymmetric information between investors and firms, credit availability is affected by the resale value of collateralized productive assets. If liquidation occurs, investors recover a greater value the higher the probability to find a buyer and the higher his willingness to pay to use the assets for production. We extend the idea of complementarities among firms in the same industry (as in Shleifer and Vishny, 1992) to study under which conditions credit availability is enhanced by competition in the product market when assets are industry specific.
Here you can find all Crossref-listed publications in which this article is cited. If you would like to receive automatic email messages as soon as this article is cited in other publications, simply activate the “Citation Alert” on the top of this page.