New Journal !
1 Issue per year
Biofuels Engineering is a peer-reviewed, electronic-only journal that publishes original, high-quality research on topics broadly related to development properties and practical applications of biomass-derived fuels for combustion and for direct energy conversion devices and on the thermodynamics and fluid mechanics of systems employing such fuels. The journal focuses, in particular, on thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, chemistry of manufacturing and conversion of such fuels to mechanical power and on the resulting emissions.
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
Biofuels Engineering is aiming to be one of the world's most important academic journals in the field of development, properties and practical applications of biomass-derived fuels for internal combustion engines as well as for other combustion-based power plant. It will also encompass bio-mass derived fuels being developed for fuel cells and other direct energy conversion devices as well as thermo-fluids of systems employing such fuels. All papers are rigorously peer-reviewed to ensure highest academic quality and technical relevance.
This is an open-access journal which will give your readers instant free access to your latest developments and will ensure that your research is widely read, publicized and quoted. In the initial period, the journal will attract authors by fast, fair and comprehensive peer-review. From the beginning it will also have prominent researchers in its Advisory Board. An additional incentive is that for the first 2 years of publication the open access publication fees are waived for all authors.
- Emerging Science
- Type of Publication:
Researchers in the fields of: Biochemistry and Biotechnology
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium;
- focus on the aims and scope of the journal;
- be clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a scientific publication that is easy to understand for the target audience;
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper;
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal publishes:
- Research Articles
- Communications and Rapid Communications
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews
- Vision Papers
- Letters to the Editor and Amendments
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in the journal, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by)
- full title of article and short title
- full list of authors with affiliations
- e-mail of the corresponding author
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author
- number of attached files, if there is more than one
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted)
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted if the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
Conflict of interest declaration
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors are encouraged to fill in the ICMJE Conflicts of Interest Form (available here) and send it in the electronic format to the Journal Editor.
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the journal webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
Our contributors are asked to make sure their submissions comply with rules governing the formatting. Although the journal can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to deliver a properly formatted electronic version of the article.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
- Text files can be submitted in the following formats: MS Word - standard DOCUMENT (.DOC) or RICH TEXT FORMAT (.RTF); PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below)
- Tables should be submitted as MS Word or PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below). Please note that a straight Excel file is not an acceptable format
- Graphics files can be submitted in any of the following graphic formats: EPS; BMP; JPG; TIFF; GIF or PDF. Please note that Powerpoint files are not accepted
Post acceptance, text files of the revised manuscript and tables are required for use in the production.
Any articles that have been prepared in LaTeX will be accepted for review, but only in PDF format. Post acceptance, text files of the revised manuscript and tables are required for use in the production. Authors are encouraged to use De Gruyter Open LaTeX template file.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors.
Abstracting & Indexing
Biofuels Engineering is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Miroslaw L. Wyszynski, The University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
Omid Doustdar, University of Birmingham, UK
Jean-Michel Lavoie, Université de Sherbrooke, Canada
Soheil Zeraati Rezaei, University of Birmingham, UK
Chongming Wang, Coventry University, UK
Editorial Advisory Board
Piotr Bielaczyc, BOSMAL, Automotive Research and Development Institute Ltd., Poland
Wei-Chin Chang, Southern Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
Sathaporn Chuepeng, Kasetsart University, Thailand
Mortaza Gholizadeh, University of Tabriz, Iran
Jose Martin Herreros, University of Birmingham, UK
Younis Jamal, University of Engineering and Technology, Pakistan
Violeta Makareviciene, Aleksandras Stulginskis University, Lithuania
Rizalman Mamat, University of Malaysia Pahang, Malaysia
Thanos Megaritis, Brunel University, UK
Dewey Ryu, University of California, Davis, USA
Arthur J. Ragauskas, Oak Ridge National Laboratory & University of Tennessee, USA
Khizer Saeed, Brighton University, United Kingdom
Phillip Savage, Pennsylvania State University, USA
Hassan Basirat Tabrizi, Amirkabir University of Technology, Iran
Esmaeil Ahmadi, Kyoto University, Japan
Arash Izadpanah, Imperial College London, UK
Hessam Jahangiri, Aston University, UK
Hamid Mahmoudi, University of Surrey, UK
Nima Moazami, University of Birmingham, UK
Lewis Parry, University of Birmingham, UK
Manju D. Tanwar, University of Birmingham, UK
Ziman Wang, Beijing Institute of Technology, China
DE GRUYTER Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
Prof. Miroslaw L. Wyszynski