1 Issue per year
Biomonitoring publishes papers (Research Articles, Communications and Rapid Communications, Reviews and Mini-Reviews) from all disciplines that deal with biomonitoring, ranging from ecology to health sciences and including analytical chemistry.
The journal thus offers a forum for a quick and broad exchange of ideas in a growing interdisciplinary field.
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
Biomonitoring is the only journal dedicated solely to biomonitoring, an interdisciplinary field bringing together experts from analytical chemistry, ecology, and various health sciences including toxicology, epidemiology, environmental, occupational, and public health.
An exchange of ideas and opinions between these diverse areas in the field of biomonitoring will benefit readers, experts and novices in the field alike.
No publication charge for articles published in the first two volumes. As an open access journal papers published in Biomonitoring have a broad reach. This is vital for the multidisciplinary setup of the field of biomonitoring. Only with a journal specifically targeted to this very field all the experts with different backgrounds can be reached.
- Emerging Science
- Type of Publication:
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via electronic system: https://www.editorialmanager.com/BIOMONITORING/default.aspx
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium,
- focus on the aims and scope of the journal,
- be clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a scientific publication that is easy to understand for the target audience,
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper,
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal publishes:
- Research Articles,
- Communications and Rapid Communications*,
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews,
- Vision papers,
- Letter to the editor.
Our contributors are asked to make sure their submissions comply with rules governing the formatting. Although the journal can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to deliver a properly formatted electronic version of the article.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
- Text files can be submitted in the following formats: MS Word - standard DOCUMENT (.DOC) or RICH TEXT FORMAT (.RTF); PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below),
- Tables should be submitted as MS Word or PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below). Please note that a straight Excel file is not an acceptable format,
- Graphics files can be submitted in any of the following graphic formats: EPS; BMP; JPG; TIFF; GIF or PDF. Please note that Powerpoint files are not accepted.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in journal, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by),
- full title of article and short title,
- full list of authors with affiliations,
- e-mail of the corresponding author,
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author,
- number of attached files, if there is more than one,
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted).
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted if the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors may suggest up to two referees not to use and in such cases additional justification should be provided in the cover letter. Authors are encouraged to recommend up to five reviewers who are not members of their institution(s) and have never been associated with them or their laboratory(ies); please provide contact information for suggested reviewers. The Editors reserve the right to select expert reviewers at their discretion. For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors.
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
Abstracting & Indexing
Biomonitoring is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CABI (over 50 subsections)
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Microsoft Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Polish Scientific Journals Database
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Hanns Moshammer, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Editorial Advisory Board
Mohammad Abdollah, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran
William W. Au, Shantou University Medical College, China
Stefano Bonassi, IRCCS San Raffaele Pisana, Italy
Hans Drexler, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany
Arno Gutleb, Centre de Recherche Public - Gabriel Lippmann, Luxembourg
Cameron Jones, Biological Health Services, Australia
Micheline Kirsch-Volders, Free University of Brussels, Belgium
Lisbeth Knudsen, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Janna Koppe, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
Bernhard Markert, Environmental Institute of Scientific Networks (EISN-Institute), Germany
Ovnair Sepai, Public Health England, UK
Greet Schoeters, VITO, Belgium
Radim J. Sram, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
Gerda Goldenits, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
DE GRUYTER Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15